1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Does both the left and right side lights remain switched on at the same time?

If no, then you need not worry. :D
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That is normal operation.

You can even choose if you wish to turn on only the left or right parking lights.

E.g. Switch on the parking lights and if you push the stalk upwards, then only the right side lights will glow and vice versa.

You can operate the head unit even with the key removed.

Gurjinder.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah it will remain ON, even if the ignition key is removed, Its usual dude, But i guess only the parking lights will be on not the Turn Signal lights
    Mine Corolla also has the same thing but there is a beep sound when the parking lights are on and the ignition switch is removed,
  4. Has seen this feature in VW Vento but didn't know Punto had this.

I am sure there are main features yet to be found :D
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Last edited: May 11, 2011
  6. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur
    ABS unavailable!!!

In display menu "ABS unavailable" message is showing and break became lighter. Called service center. As per them they need check through some software. They are arranging for the software. Should I drive at this condition? Is there anything I can do myself to get it solved?
    Before and after buying this car struggle never leaves me!!!
  7. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Secunderabad
    Try checking if the fuses are OK.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You can drive with out ABS, though it is a bit more riskier, but if you feel the braking effectiveness is reduced, there is something more amiss and is potentially dangerous. So please do get it checked immediately.
  9. you can drive but please get the abs checked asap. it is very dangerous..
    sir get the fuse checked once and also the wiring if you suspect this to be work of a rat...
    the sensors might in some cases accumulate dust aver a periood time and show the error also.
    get them cleaned even.
    those sensors were the cause of problem in a merc of my friend
  10. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur
    Yes the braking effectiveness got reduced. So I am not driving now. Booked Monday for servicing. But for that I have to drive around 70 km on highway. I have checked the fuses, and found OK. Went to a nearby TATA dealer as the breaking system of Manza and Punto are same. But they couldn't rectify. only checked the connection near wheels.