1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its mentioned as warning sensor. so how is it going to warn us prior to crash ?
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    It doesnt warn us it warns the Airbag :D
    Its not a Precrash system.

And I think in India any such system will keep on buzzing entire time of your drive :p
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    LOL. i was wondering the same , why doesnt it warn me when i stop right behind the A** of the next vehicle on signals :)
  4. Seat belt warning not working

Hey Guys

I do not know if this is the right sub forum to ask this question in, but, it seems the seat belt warning system has been disabled in my car.
    I just got my car back from my dad a few days ago.
    The manual mentions how to deactivate the system but not how to reactivate it.

Any clue how i should go about this?
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    If seat belt warning system have been disabled by ASS using Fiat Examiner there would be new entry about it in the MID. It can be activated from the Menu.

If it has been disabled using method described in Manual, it will re-activate upon re-starting the car. (It disables warning for just 1 trip)
  6. There is no new menu item and it doesn't come back after the trip :(
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    then have it checked by ASS
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    The sensor is built inside the seat belt receptacle, close to hand brake. Cable runs from the receptacle to the ECU. If there was any work done on the seat, this cable could have been removed. Visual check should confirm this.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Yes. The cable's connector goes in that receptacle near hand brake. That might have been pulled out due to some work.
  10. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Front side lights remain on even after turning off the ignition

Hi,

Recently I found one thing, not sure if it is a problem or is a feature. So wanted to confirm with you all.

NOTE: This is not about the "follow me" feature.

Steps :
    1. Turn off the ignition, remove the key
    2. Turn left hand stalk (dont pull towards you), front side lights turns on and they do not turn off.

My understanding was that when key is removed, all the electricals are disabled except - like central door locking, musics system etc.

I'm bit baffled, do let me know your thoughts before I call up service guys.
    Last edited: May 9, 2011