1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Re: Driver Side Door not getting locked.

the link is fine car gets locked from inside
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Buddy... your assumption has turned out to be true.I didnt start my car for a week as I was out of station and after a week when I cranked the engine, it started. But after I completed my regular weekend washing and tried to crank, it started showing sign on battery weakness. It wasn't cranking properly and I was not able to start the car. I called up tata 24*7 service and they helped me to start the car with 'jump' start and kept it idle for 30 mins. This happened on a sunday evening. Next day morning I was able to crank the engine and I took it to the TASS by noon. By evening they told me that they need to keep it charging for the whole day to check the cells. Next day morning they called me up telling that one of the cells was out and it was having a physical damage. I was shocked to hear that there was a physical damage in the cell. They asked me whether my car took any hit and I said no as there was not any accident. They told me that they will be sending the battery to Exide and they are doubtful whether it will be covered by warranty. Their doubt became a reality. Exide had rejected the warranty. I managed to include some higher authorities of the TASS in this and even despite their call, they rejected. My car had a small dent on the rear which I got while reversing and I got it painted under warranty. Exide people are taking this as a reason for rejecting the warranty. Now the TASS gave a try with FIAT and told them the issue. Even I didnt get justice from there. Finally the TASS did me a favor. They agreed to spend 50 % of the battery amount as a good will and purchased an Amaron battery with 2 yr warranty. Now all problems are resolved. Sorry for the long story. But I was really fighting for a week to get my car out of the service centre.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Good to see you got a new battery with some help from Fiat.
    Exide batteries are known to fail if they are kept idle for some time. They won't accept warranty due to this kind of failure. :mad:
    What happens is when the electrolyte level goes down or due to some reason the plate gets warped and the cell gets shorted. This is what they usually call physical damage.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Roy..but 1 week is a very short time and my car is just 3 months old. How likely is it to get failed .? I didn't get help from FIAT. The service center helped me out.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    There is a big hype about Exide batteries. They are not the best around for sure, but those guys have huge market share and deep pockets that they manage to keep the other players out. The huge advantage they have is since they come as OE, the batteries tend to enjoy a very new wiring of the vehicle and hence performs well and the image sticks.. This is also the reason for vehicle owners to repeat the purchase of the same brand
    Basically the batteries of Puntos are maintenance free and we have nothing to do inside it .I have not even opened it till now.
    I could also be heading in the battery issue as my horn also dims once in a while.

Abdul
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Jumu..get it checked at the earliest.Even you can take it to an exide dealer and get it checked. They may be able to check the volt/ampere(not sure..) of each cell and say whether there is any issue. If there is no physical damage, you can very well claim it under warranty in most cases.
  7. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    cASE CLOSED....my punto was at the service station today and i got my problem solved it was because of some wire that had come off so nothing to worry...i get details when i take delivery in the afternoon from the service station.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Early crash warning sensor - where the hell is this ?

I am seeing that under saftey features of the linea on the fiat india website they have mentioned early crash warning sensor as a safety feature.

I am wondering where is this located and how it works.

does anyone has any idea about this ?

linea.JPG
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe that is the PDC
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Early Crash Sensor is to control the Dual Stage system of Airbags on the basis of crash severity.