1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Re: Trip Computer

Many thanks for your input. nothing to worry about I guess. Will observe the reading based on your clarifications next time. As far as I remember the reading went up to 24, 40 and then 50 even with the accelerator pressed. I will observe carefully next time and keep you posted. Thanks a lot.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Re: Trip Computer

IC takes some time to update it's reading. Say if you remove your foot off accelerator it would go higher in series like 20, 30, 40 and 50 finally.
    IC is usually 3-4 secs late in updating.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Dimming horn sound

Did anyone face this issue of dimming horn sound...This usually happens when I brake and blow horn..mostly while overtaking or when some fellows come directly in front of the car suddenly from left..It is something like the charge getting drained...This happens more at night when the headlights are on. Something to do with the battery power..but the battery seems to be properly charging (It's my assumption as I dont feel any sort of starting troubles or cranking delays..). I am not using any additional accessories which may drain battery power. Is it common ?? :-?
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Re: Dimming horn sound

wind plays an important part...wts ur speed have u checked?? Or mabbe a blown horn fuse...show to TASS..
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

@pioneeraron, Its got nothing to do with the wind . We are not experiencing any gale wind normally.

@cinju, I am also experiencing that for some time lately. Same here, there is no cranking troubles at all, but I do find the lights dim a bit at night. Could be also because of a worn out contact point in one of the horns in the pair forcing the horn to draw more current.

6. Dimming horn sound

Check the cells of the battery and then check whether the alternator is providing sufficient voltage. When both these options are ruled out check whether there is any voltage drop across the circuits. Eg. Use the flasher and check if there's any dimming noticed on the cluster etc. I presume that your horn is fine.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

this happens when coil in the horn has been damaged. it draws a lot of current and caused load on other circuits. hence the dimming.
    i have not faced this issue but one of the 2 horns in my linea doesnt play. its quite irritating.

put new horns.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

This is the thing I love about this forum. You ask something and voila you get the best answers. Thank you fellows... Even I think chances of what Jumu & Italia said are more likely.cyber if there was any isssue with alternator then I would surely be facing a cranking problem right. I am not rolling out the chances of battery cells.But convincing the TASS people is very difficult. Reproducing the problem when the car is idle is difficult.
  9. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Re: Emotion Power Window assembly for Dynamic?

Hi Vignesh,

I enquired @ Concord Dairy O'le Bangalore about this during 2nd service (gave it on 18th March) , they say they need to fix relay, its not plug n play thing so it costs around 3k. So i dropped idea of fixing that.
  10. jerryruban

Ability to open the doors after central locking

Could anyone please tell me why the door is able to open after the central locking is done, the kids open the doors easily even after central locking.

Is it possible to rectify this ? :sad1

Also have anyone used the follow me home headlamps ? how to enable it in punto ?