1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: Experiencing electrostatic discharge in my TJet+

Thank you very much Ravi.

This seems to vary from person to person.

Today morning took my entire family for about 2 km drive and I asked them to get out of the car and touch the door. My thinking was correct, they did not experience any kind of shock, where as, I got down at the end and still felt the shock.

I remember, getting mild shock at my office, when i touched the metal sheet that was in-between cubical that acts as dividers.

Regards
    Vasu
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

This problem is not of T-jet. It is common in all cars.Especially if you havbe cotton seat covers.

Cars having leather seat covers did not face this problem.

If you are wearing Chappals. After coming outside,remove Chappal little bit & touch the road/earth by your toe for a second & then touch the door of car.

Static energy will be discharged/earthed from your body.So you will not experience irritable static charge.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Vasu,

Remove the plastic cover from the seat & then see if still you face static discharge.

This is common, not only to cars. It depends upon the materials which come into contact with each other i.e. seat cover material & your clothes. This also happens on plastic moulded seat.

One of the ways to avoid it is to touch the wall of parking after you get down.
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Bhai & Amit,

I am happy after reading the info you have posted. I got the plastic covers removed.

Now i do two things, before getting down the car, i touched the wind-shield and next i hold the roof of the car and then get down. Now the shock treatment is gone :)

I have not driven the car after removing the plastic cover, let me try that.

Thank you again for the quick inputs. This is a lovely forum.

Regards
    Vasu
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Vaudev, one this u can also try , when u get outta car, just touch the Key to the door once. Metal to the metal. That should pass the static.
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

WOW after removing the plastic covers and stepping down with bare foot I did not felt any shock.

Got my Jet washed at service station and covered fully with the car cover. Will be back in the first week of April.

Thanks to ansal, bhai, amit, ravi for the valuable replies.

Regards
    Vasu
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Where are you going. ???
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

chalo, njoy ur trip. Good time to be there, less rainy and somewhat less cold. Where exactly r u goin in UK??
  9. Re: Trip Computer

The trip computer gives me peculiar reading when I press Instant Consumption.The reading varies between 4 and 50 km/ltr. I do not understand how it can give a reading which is so high.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Trip Computer

Mr Vaskar, 50kmpl is an arbitrary limit on the Instantaneous Computer (IC). Suppose you are driving at the speed of say 70Kmph in 5th gear. You took off your foot from the accelerator pedal as you see a traffic light 300m ahead of you. Now, at this point, your car is consuming very little fuel (just the amount it will consume while idling) but the car is still running at some speed.

IC is calculated by the trip computer based on current speed of the car and the current fuel consumption. Current fuel consumption depends upon the gear in which you are driving (or the engine rpm) and the rate of acceleration (driving pattern).

So, when the fuel consumption is too low (e.g. as shown in the case above where you lifted your foot off the accelerator), the IC values will go very high since the car is rolling at a speed but the consumption is too low.
    There is no value above 50kmpl otherwise you could have seen that too.

I hope you got it. :up