1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: FAULTY DOOR LOCKS

I observed one thing.some times front door lock gets hanged position. Means if I want to unlock/lock with the help of key, it doesn't give response. ::OO
    Like gearbox of Bajaj Pulsar. :A

You are right. Definately there is some problem in front door lock. It happens for min.1 time in a month.
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Chandu, Never leave the keys inside the car "unattended"! ::V
  3. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai

@Chaos...Thanks for the sugestion, but i got this message the hard way :(
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Experiencing electrostatic discharge in my TJet+

Hello All,

I have added following accessories to my car

1. Front door components
    2. Rear door co-axial
    3. Reverse parking sensor with camera.

I am experiencing a kind of shock (electrostatic discharge) while I close the door, as soon as I step out of the car.

I have seen this on two occasions last week, I reported this issue to the dealer, dealer asked me to test it for another day. Next day I did not feel any shock, but today it was horrible, at every parking place, I experienced the shock.

Just want to know, does speaker/reverse parking equipment upgrade cause this kind of shock ?

Thank you
    Vasu
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: Experiencing electrostatic discharge in my TJet+

Hey Vasu.

I had experienced similar issues with one of my cars in europe. Not sure if the earthing was done properly or if it was required at the first place.

If nothing solves the issue, and even if it solved, try this - Anti Static strap. It Works ::T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Reflect- ... 41551e175f
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Ansal,

Thanks for the information. I will have the reverse parking sensor checked.

So, this issue has been experienced by others as well ;) Have ordered the item on the ebay.

Meanwhile, found one good article on the web http://www.wikihow.com/Get-out-of-a-Car ... lectricity

One tip is hilarious

# If it is a real problem for you, connect a small chain from the frame of the vehicle to the ground. This will put the car at the same potential as the ground and you will not get shocked. However, the chain will drag as you drive, and may throw sparks, so use caution on positioning it.

Thank you
    Vasu
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

What material are your seat covers made of?
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Amit,

I am using the OEM leather seats. Planning to get some cotton towel kind of covering on them. The plastic covers that comes on top of seat covers are still not removed.

Thanks
    Vasu
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

I too experienced this mild shock due to electrostatic discharge, when I got out and closed the door of my Linea.
    I don't think so. My Linea doesn't have any extra-fittings like speakers/reverse parking sensors.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

The static current could be due to the friction between the seat fabric and the polyester dress we wear, which gets grounded when we touch the metal object like door, resulting in a mild shock.