1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Re: Can i fit headlamp bulbs of higer voltage

Thank you very much indeed i will not go for higher voltage bulbs.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Can i fit headlamp bulbs of higer voltage

You are right. Reflector gets black. But if you are ready to accept darkness of reflector,install Head lmap reley.

Reley doesn't allow more current than the factory setting. So no harm for wiring.

But you should upgrade the bulbs after the expiry of warrantee period.
  3. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    ODO Reset

Team,

Need some inputs from the experts of forum.

When I took delivery of my car the ODO reading was 145 KM. I drove about 35 Kms on the same day (Dealer to Home, Home to Temple and Back). The last I remember before my exploration of the MID was 192 Kms. While I was trying different things in order to understand the car, the main ODO got somehow reset to 0 :shocked .

I reported this on the feedback call from both Fiat India and Fiat Italy, also raised with the service center over phone and during the first service. Nobody could figure out how this could have happened. I also noticed the service remider also got reset back to 15000 when I (is it me??) accidentally reset the ODO.

I wanted to check whether anybody else faced this issue on the forum, if so how did this got resolved / addressed.

I tried my level best to reset the ODO again, but since I don't exactly remember what I did initially, I was not successful. I tried this again beacause there is documented proof that the car has done some Kms now as First Service and AC Kit replacement has been done. If I had been successful in resetting the ODO again, I would have raised hell with Fiat.

BTW, I think the ODO should never be allowed to reset (atleast from the instrument panel), what say?

If there is even a remote possibility of this happening, would anybody ever belive the ODO readings of FIAT Cars?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: ODO Reset

RAAM the ODO can be reset only once when it displays H and ODO is below 200 km.
    Nothing to worry.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Raam,

Vijay has explained it. And the outcome is positive for you because that means the car was not run more than what you got on the ODO & ODO was not reset earlier.
  6. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai

Thanks, though I understand the positive side of this I do have some questions

1. What do you mean by 'H' Display?
    2. The 'H' reset be performed only once or it can be done any number of times as long as the ODO reads less than 200 Kms (though your reply explains, just reconfirming it)?
    3. Why this feature is made available?

As I am a first time car owner and my first car being a FIAT, am trying to pick up on my GK on cars ::O

The best part being, none of the so call experts in TATA Fiat, Fiat India and Fiat Italy could explain this, despite me informing them that the ODO was reading around 190 when this happend. :dance TFI Rocks.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Raam it can be reset only once in the lifetime of a car.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

I'll try to simplify it.

H shows that the ODO is not reset'ed by anybody (Dealer or staff or anybody) as yet.

If the H shows on MID & if you can reset the ODO by long-long pressing (I think 7 seconds or 10 seconds), it means that nobody (including dealer or staff) has run the car more than what is showing in the ODO & you can take the km-reading on the ODO as the final before you take the delivery.

H reset can be performed only once (and that too only before first 200 kms) & that is the beauty of it.

It seems it's made available to enable the buyer to ensure that when he gets the delivery, he can ensure that the car was not run much by anybody resetting the ODO.

Now this is the beauty of the forum ::D . Collective Knowledge.
  9. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai

Thanks a lot Amit and Vijay for calrifying.
  10. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    Re: FAULTY DOOR LOCKS

I drive a GP 1.2 Active (Manual locking, no central locking) Recently i was at the Airport dropping my Wife and Kid, I had stopped at the 90 Sec dropping point, got out to take out the luggage and got back into the car. While i was waiting there my son waved from inside the Airport (A glass wall between) so i switched off my car, left the key to the ignition and got out to wave to him and the door shut. And to my surprise :uh the front door got locked from inside. all the Doors locked. I got it opened some how with great difficulty.
    This is a strange problem i dont know is anyone else is facing similar problem. The front doors are not suppose to get locked unless locked with the key from outside or unless we lock it from inside when the door is shut.
    I have raised it with the service centre (Wasan, chembur and Fortune, nerul ) but no one could fix this issue.
    Any suggestion please.