1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Lineaman

Lineaman

Bangalore
    Help - Deciding on Music system and reverse sensors

Need help in deciding few accessories for Linea Dynamic (Pet),

Here is what I have in mind regarding the music system:
    Budget 25K (max)
    1. Pioneer DVH-4190SD Head Unit (11,000rs)
    2. Hertz speakers 120W (6" & 5.1/8") 2600 & 2400
    3. I wanted to fit 9" TFT drop down monitor(4500Rs). However I observed that it obstructs the rear view hence the plan to go for Headrest monitors(9000rs for a pair).

Total 25,000Rs

Is this a good combination? I seek your suggestions on this combination.

I would like to fit a reverse parking system
    My options are:
    1. Xenos CMOS night vision & IR Reverse Camera + 3.5" TFT monitor (2200+3500)
    2. Internal mirror mount TFT display + Reverse Camera (4500rs)

Additionally I would like to fit a 2-sensor system (approx 2000rs) with one of the above systems. This should take care of the rear corners(since the reverse camera cannot cover the edges.).

Any other recommendations are most welcome.
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Help - Deciding on Music system and reverse sensors

Hi Lineaman,

In my opinion the HU is OK.

While Hertz speakers give very good sound, some of their entry level speakers use pressed paper cones with foam surrounds (based on your quoted prices, they appear to be entry level speakers). Both these result in lesser longevity in our weather conditions. I will personally recommend speakers with polyurethane/glass fibre cones with butyl rubber surrounds. Look at MTX, Bull & Blaupunkt speakers. You will get fairly good coaxial speakers at the same price point. Anyway, audition the speakers with your favorite music and let your ears be the judge.

If you are planning to play loud/bass heavy music, I will recommend damping for all four doors. This will add about 6000/- to your cost, but it is worth it.

When fitting all the accessories that you are planning on, ensure that no wires are cut. It could void your warranty. It may be worthwhile discussing your configuration with a technical 'expert' from Tata Motors/Fiat. He could advise about possible warranty issues.

Johnny
  3. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Lineaman - Keep me updated on the reverse cam/sensor...I would like to go for one soon and I stay in Blr too...

Thanks!
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Your Speaker choice is not that great as you'd get better ones for that price.
  5. Lineaman

Lineaman

Bangalore

@Johnny & Andy: Had comitted the sin before you posted the reply on Sat afternoon. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions.

@arulvr: Please check out my topic viewtopic.php?f=39&t=499 for details on reverse parking system.
  6. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Newer Puntos do not have tweeters?

A query to all Punto Emotion & Emotion Pk owners (maybe even Linea).

Does your car has 4 speakers + 2 tweeters?

I dont hear anything from the tweeter. I read in another forum that one guy's tweeter cover fell off and nothing was inside. Even the FIAT Punto site says 4 speakers only. No mention of tweeters. Have they skipped on the tweeters in newer cars? Mine is a Feb 2010 model.
  7. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Re: Newer Puntos do not have tweeters?

I'm not sure about this. But let me share my expereince. I was living with an impression that Emotion doesn't comes with tweeter, as there was no soun at all. One day out of my curosity I randaomly asked the showrrom guy after 4-5 months about the tweeter, to which he replied; Emotion has tweeter and no way that it can't be heared until he himself confirmed.

Later we found that no wire were attached to those tweeters and after fixing it, ofcourse it sounded well. ;)
  8. Re: Newer Puntos do not have tweeters?

now comes the stupid question : where are they supposed to be located ? Mine is a June 10 model.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Newer Puntos do not have tweeters?

Both the tweeters are on front gate.
    Front gate have provisions for 4 speaker, 2 for speakers and 2 for tweeters.
  10. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore

Thanks Mate..I wud love to see some pics too...