1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Can i fit headlamp bulbs of higer voltage

Hello All
    Can anybody tell me if i can fit head lamp bulbs of 90-110 & fog lamps to my Punto Active Mjd 1.3.This without loosing a warranty.At Pandit Auto Pune They told me that there will be no warranty if i do this.Please help.
    Deepak From Pune. ::O
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: Can i fit headlamp bulbs of higer voltage

Red carpet welcome to you and your Punto, DEEPAK BAPAT. Leave alone the warranty issue, there are a lot of complaints against headlamps getting darkened, perhaps due to fitment of higher wattage bulbs. Please bear this in mind before taking a decision.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Deepak, wait for some more time as Osram is about to launch Night Braker Plus bulbs in India very very soon, expected date is around mid feb. I am also waiting for this. This bulb would be of same power specifications of Punto so no issue with warranty and othe issues described by Rai. Its a plug n play replacement and you will get better light for sure.
  4. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai

With higher voltage bulbs the warranty is null and void and that's true but the warranty is null and void only for the electrical parts not for the mechnical parts. Its same as in putting in an upsized alloys and tyres and the suspension warranty is null and void.

Also as others have pointed out - higher voltage bulbs might blacken the headlight and hence its best to be avoided. Instead as nitinkumardba mentioned wait for the Osram to launch in India.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    How much does a Fuse Cost?

Hi,

I successfully blew off the Head Unit and ACC fuse, thanks to my overloaded sound system :mrgreen:
    I am scheduled to meet the Service Center tomorow morning.
    Can some one tell me me how much the fuse costs and what should be service charge. Any clues?
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: How much does a Fuse Cost?

Fuse Cost is Rs.10/- to Rs.50/- depending upon load rating. I don't think TASS will charge labour for fuse replacement. The fuse replacemnt task is very easy & it requires 1-2 min.
  7. Re: How much does a Fuse Cost?

I think spare fuse should be there in the fuse area itself. I am not sure though.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

Thanks, I would buy out a set of fuse for spare and would use a heavier rating fuse.
  9. Vijairaj

Vijairaj Amatore

Chennai

The rating of the fuse is for a purpose - Don't use a fuse different from the specified rating - that will damage other electronic parts.
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

When I blew the power socket fuse, the TASS just replaced it sent me on my way. They didn't charge anything. ::D