1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Regarding Battery problem of Linea MJD

Looks so, because I have left my car un-used couple of times for 10-12 days and many times for 6-7 days.
    Better to get it checked with TASC also, may be some connection is using some power continuously.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

better get it the charging circuit and the battery immediately. its in warranty, best to change it.
  3. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

Please provide more details:

1. Where is the car parked when not in use? >>>> If its parked under a high tension power cable or close to a transformer...the battery would drain out.
    2. For how long was the car parked unused? >>>>If its parked unused for more than 10 days...battery tends to drain out....its suggested to detach the power cables from battery in that case.
    3. Battery can be faulty >>>>If the battery is under warranty.... please get it replaced.
  4. amiti

amiti

Pune

Please find my comments below,

Please provide more details:

1. Where is the car parked when not in use? >>>> If its parked under a high tension power cable or close to a transformer...the battery would drain out.
    Amit-- The car was parked in covered garage only.
    2. For how long was the car parked unused? >>>>If its parked unused for more than 10 days...battery tends to drain out....its suggested to detach the power cables from battery in that case.
    Amit -- the car was unused for 10-12 days at a stretch. The cables were not detached.
    3. Battery can be faulty >>>>If the battery is under warranty.... please get it replaced.
    Amit -- We are going to detach the cables for 5-7 days and then we will see if the car starts or not.

Do let me know if I need to do anything more.
  5. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Detatch the battery cables for the next 10 days when not in use. If still the battery drains then it is a battery problem.

Next step take the car to the authorised service staion check the Battery + the alternator.
  6. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet

Apologies for a late reply:

Try leaving the car parked with battery cables detached next time....if problem persists....run to service center and get your car batteries replaced under warranty.
  7. deepam

deepam

Mumbai

Yesterday i also faced almost the same problem. In the morning when i started the car, the car refused to start & when on ignition position some different type of noise was coming like tak tak tak tak tak & all the needles were dancing. than called RSA & towed the vehicle to TASS, so now see what happens, as i talked to TASS advisor, he told that the battery was drained but i dont know how as i use the car regularly.
    Today he will diagnise & call, lets see what is the answer.
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    FAULTY DOOR LOCKS

Guys, i am observing from last couple of months that door lock pads provided from outside are faulty! Its Alignment is bit faulty due to which it gets stuck if try to open it up without particular angle.Rear end of this panel sometimes stuck with outside molded plastic casing. Due to this problem that door lock panel stars scrapping the paint from body!! :uh ANY1 FACING SAME PROBLEM AS I AM FACING???

i'll post some pics later this weekend.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: FAULTY DOOR LOCKS

Yes. we have to open all GP door handle with particular angle & position.It may be called as some design error.

I can't give feedback about paint scrataching due to door handle.
    Because I own Active Varient. Active has no Body colored Door Handles. Please post the image
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Re: FAULTY DOOR LOCKS

@bhai, m hving linea & its emo pk variant n it having chrome door handles. those crome handles are scrapping color around the body molding of door handles...lets see if FIAT agrees to replace them cause front passenger door handle is the only one having proper alignment!! rest of 3 are worst! :uh