1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. satchn

satchn

Chennai
    Re: Automatic Door Locking (Auto Close), Active?

HI All,
    I am new member of Team fiat. I own a Fiat GP Active 1.2 Fire. I am planning to fix central lock for my car, but dealer in chennai (both Concorde motors and Tafe reach) say that Fiat authorized centrol lock kit is having some technical problems and still being tested. Hence it is risky to fix it now. Anyone who fixed central lock for GP Active give a honest feed back ?
    Dealer says the cost of the kit is around Rs.9700/-
  2. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai

Hmm..... What risk....can you get the details. Anyway am going now to dealer to pick my car after 1st service, will ask your query to him as well. Cost is approx 10K.
    I have CL installed in my active OEM one. No issues till date. check my post http://teamfiat.co.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1335

Regards
    Shashank
  3. satchn

satchn

Chennai

I did not get into the details with the dealer, but he was mentioning that sometimes it does not auto lock on ignition and Fiat is trying to rectify it. Will ask the dealer for more details.
  4. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai

In Active model, the CL will not autolock when ignition is switched on. That is normal behavior and already discussed somewhere in this thread. So, dont bother.

Regards
    Shashank
  5. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai

I checked with my dealer, CL for active model is available and same irrespective if it is diesel or petrol car.
    HTH,
    Regards
  6. amiti

amiti

Pune
    Regarding Battery problem of Linea MJD

Hi,

My uncle has a linea 2010 model and he doesnt use it regularly. Last month the battery discharged completely and he got it charged from outside. however this has happened for 3 times till now. The car is in warranty.

Any idea why the battery is discharging frequently?
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Regarding Battery problem of Linea MJD

Fiat manual recommends dis-connecting battery connection, in case of long non-usage of the car.
    Checking battery with manufacturer (Exide) should also help.
  8. amiti

amiti

Pune

Apart form that what could have had caused this draining of battery?
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Any accessories installed after buying the car. Like CD Player, Amplifier, DVD Screen, Idols etc.
    After how many days is battery discharging completely.
  10. amiti

amiti

Pune

No aftermarket installables. The battery is discharging after 10-12 days. Is the battery faulty?