1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Emotion Power Window assembly for Dynamic?

Hi,

Did anyone see Emotion model like power window assembly fitted to any dynamic model?

I have Dynamic, where driver side can control only front power windows. Can i fit rare controls also @ driver's side?
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: Emotion Power Window assembly for Dynamic?

Conceptually yes, given that all the variants are based on base model addons, so one should be able to upgrade to top end features by adding things to the base model.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes, you can upgrade. Even the wiring for rear power windows is present beneath your present assembly for dynamic variant. Only the switches for the rear windows are missing. All you need is the power window switch assembly of Emotion variant.

Contact your nearest service center and place an order of "driver side power window control switch assembly" (or whatever this is called). ::T
  4. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

Does it include power window lock ?
  5. Re: Emotion Power Window assembly for Dynamic?

I have done it on ma Punto dynamic.It costs 1.3k.u need to change to the switch panel of emotion.and yeah the lock for rear windows also works fine.
  6. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

Thx vigneshram,

have u got it done in the SS only? I enquired in Concorde, SE said its not possible. Im sure he doesn't have idea. I don't know whom to contact for this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

talk to people at services@fiapl.com and try to figure out if this can be done easily.
    Kick the ass of SE if says its not possible, linea is built up model, if it can be done in EPK, then it can be done in dynamic also, its just the cost and technical challenge that has to be looked into.
  8. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

Hi,

This is the reply i got from fiat.

"Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your communication, query.
    Fiat products features available in top end versions/models cannot be added in lower versions as this is not possible & we don’t recommend.
    Thanking you for your cooperation & assuring you of our best services at all times."

But technically it should be possible i think. Need to explore more.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

:lol: Why did you ask FIAT?
    Just go to the service center. Tell them to order the assembly of Emotion Variant and get it fitted.
    It isn't illegal or it isn't bad. Even the wiring is present and you aren't making any new electrical connections.
  10. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

Ya i thought of doing so. But when i called SE, he said its not possible. If at least i had a mail saying its possible by FIAT , then i could have told him same. Now if i go and buy, they might not fit it.

If no new electrical connections are required then i guess i can get it done outside. Correct?