1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Re: Automatic Door Locking (Auto Close), Active?

Hi,
    I got CL fitted from the dealer yesterday. The available features with this model are 1) Lock & Unlock centrally (all doors) with Key and with remote. 2) If you unlock the car with remote and do not open door or do not lock it, the system will lock it in 60 sec. 3) From inside you have to lock manually when ignition is switched on.

It seems features like anti theft are not available with this model. ::pP

Another concerns is, on both rear doors, wires are visible at door bottom near hinges. I wanted to check, is this same with others? Can it not be done internally from the provided grooves. Or the dealer has done my car's short cut job? Can some one confirm this? :anyone
    See the attached files.[attachment=0:1yu4oji5]left-door.JPG[/attachment:1yu4oji5][attachment=1:1yu4oji5]Rght-door1.JPG[/attachment:1yu4oji5]

Rght-door1.JPG

left-door.JPG
  2. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai

Hmmm.... Not a automobile expert... but the logic says, if the manual says that from multifunctional display you can enable/disable this feature, that means car has the capability with wires to send the appropriate signal (voltage) to the CL main unit which control it. Now this signal cable from car need to be connected to the main unit of CL.
    But as someone mentioned in this thread this feature (auto close) may not be there in active model. :-|
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    Spvaidya
    Which C.loc you install ?
    You install it at dealer but i think you have not installed Central lock which is specially made for Active model.
    As per discussion with Mr.Aditya Patha of Autocop he told me consealed wiring is done
    like Dynamic & further models. Means they insert wire into Door wiring socket with Special Connectors which are present for Factory fitted Speaker wiring.

2 conclusions are there.
    1.I think you install unauthorised Central lock which dealer
    2. OR you install authorised C Lock,but dealer made shortcut as you stated above

How much cost you paid ? If it is Autocop & price is Rs.9999/- then it is compatible for Active model
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I've installed Xenos Fortgate CL in our old M800. It auto locks after 10seconds. Foolish thing just locks all doors even if a door is still opened.
    I've told everybody at home, never to come out of the car without the key. It is so irritating.

Also, these time sensitive auto locks lock after a specific time (10 seconds in my case). By the time our car comes out of our home, all the doors are locked and those wanting to open the door to sit inside have to bang the door to remind the person driving to open the doors.

FIAT CL is total VFM. Go for it. Never install Xenos and other after market CLs

SECURITY FEATURE OF ALL FIAT CARS

Central Locking for Active does not have immobilizer feature as "Immobilizer with rolling code" is present in all Fiat Puntos and Lineas. Active variant already has an immobilizer with rolling code.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: How to Fast Forward songs from USB?

Dats the problem with the media player.. its difficult to fwd songs on media player.. u can when u playing a CD but not thru USB.. even i struggled a bit initially then got to know it doesnt work...
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

INTERESTING
  7. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai

The CL unit was packed in the Fiat Box at the dealer, even the remote has a FIAT logo at the back, the warranty card + user guide has a Fiat name, part number price is around 10K. Guess it is from FIAT, right ? (see attached snaps)
    BUT, :roll: not the guys who installed it. It was just another installation for them...... I wonder when will this industry get mature... I thought the dealer will have trained people with them....Atleast... :mischievous

remote.JPG

manual.JPG
  8. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

Hi,
    The service team at Balaji lack training to achieve industry standard level. They only know jugaads, which the indicab drivers prefer.
    I am planning to visit Galaxy Mulund, as I am not sure about getting my car back from there. [after hearing the Manza story] ::pP

--Rajeev
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

spvaidya, looking at the pics these guys could have got the cables from inside the rubber bushing which carries other cables into the doors rather than laving it outside.. Try and speak to the dealership and get that inside if u can it looks ungly at times plus gives room for water to get into the door panel with that small pore during rains..

U paid 9k for this kit if am not wrong???
  10. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

PRICE REDUCED

Car Central Locking (Punto Active)
    Part Number:59116853 MRP: RS.8490