1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. divx

divx

Bangalore
    Re: Automatic Door Locking (Auto Close), Active?

Auto lock can be easily tested. Seat in the drive seat, close the door and push the door-opening handled (dont pull it). You can hear the click sound of all doors getting locked. This is same as Autolock from the remote.

But while driving also, You will have to just listen to the click sound. Unless you have somone sitting in back seat to check.

Recently my Bro's BIL said, the back doors are not getting locked after 20 kmph. I reported the problem to Concorde Motros - Dairy circle - hosur road. Bangalore. They said it working fine. But I still feel there is a problem. The concorde people would have checked this when the vehicle was in stop position and
    not moving. :A
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

I guess its available on all varients.. Am not 100% but am positive..

Also u cannot change the speed at which it would lock.. By default it locks at >20kms

U can turn it on and off ne time though...
  3. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Shashank
    HOW IT is possibe
    If we fit Central lock to active model,then how it will lock @speed of 20 km/hr
    I mean one wire is to connect to VSS (Vehicle speed sensor)
    & to fix that specific wire,we have to tamper factory wiring.
    So I think It is impossible.If we fit it,it will lock doors like aftermarket unauthorised C.Locks like Autocop / Xenos.
    & if yes then Fiat may supply differant hardware for that.
    I have mailed to pavan yadav (Incharge-Accessories) & asked about Drive Lock mode like Dynamic model.
    We will see what he is replying
  4. Makarand

Makarand Timido

Pune
    How to Fast Forward songs from USB?

Hello Friends,

I am new user of Grande Punto (Emotion PK). I have one question about my Punto "Media Player". I listen song by plugin my USB drive, once I plugin it "Media Player" automatically starts but I don't know how can I fast forward track from the USB?

I can able to fast forward songs from my CD (By holding left/right arrow from round shape button on the player) but not able find the way where I can fast forward the song from USB (Round shape button not working for USB).
    I tried with holding staring mounted control but it always play next track.

Please help me.
    Thanks in advance

-Mak
  5. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

The term All Varients is confusing here. I think they mean, variants which comes with factory fitted CL.
    I checked the menu settings in Active, there is no menu item for turning autolock ON/OFF.

--Rajeev
  6. Re: How to Fast Forward songs from USB?

I too haven't found a way to do it yet :-(
  7. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Rajeev

I received mail from pawan yadav from FIAT,he wrote that There is no DRIVE LOCK System in Central lock of Active
    So Iam cancelling to install it.
    Aftermarket C.Lock does not have facility of DRIVE LOCK. Autocop/Xenos get locks when you give ignition after 20 Sec.
    But this feature can be dangerous in some conditions.e.g. Small kid turned on ignition & all glasses are up & kid is unable to turn off ignition.Then we have to break glass in emergency :uh
    OR
    If you get off without stopping engine then doors may lock again.Then All Glass up & key will be locked inside of car.
    & GOD save if you are outside from your hometown. :uh

Many possibilities. So Finally only Factory fitted C Lock with DRIVE LOCK system is a ideal Central Lock.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: How to Fast Forward songs from USB?

Hi makrand. Welcome and congrats. Punto looks great in this color.

Well, there is no way of fast forwarding songs from USB. Only steering controls work and not that round button on stereo when you play songs via USB as the songs play via the "Microsoft Media Player", not the stereo.
    You can't fast forward the songs.

Solution:
    (You can edit the songs in some audio editor and cut the initial music etc and save song from the point where you want it to start playing)
  9. Makarand

Makarand Timido

Pune
    Re: How to Fast Forward songs from USB?

Hi

Thanks a lot for quick response. I think Fiat should work on this feature.

-Mak
  10. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Sorry for posting wrong info.
    I spoke with Mr.pawan yadav (accessories Manager) He cleared that it has no dangerous feature i.e. Lock by Ignition as described above.It comes with Remote.
    But from inside, you have to lock mannually by pressing driver side lock knob.
    Means it is like Dynamic model . with Addition of remote to lock/unlock from outside
    So install it fearlessly. Vendor is Autocop.
    Now Only doubt is wiring .Because in Active model,Door socket contains wires of front power window & audio only.
    I am getting info about additional wiring of Acutators of Central lock & then I will inform.Price is little bit high Rs.9999/-
    But safe & does not harm warrantee.