1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

hey guys....Finally got the part changed!!! and now it works perfectly....i wasnt charged a ruppee for the job.....but turns out the replacement part costs around 25,000. i was a little surprised to know that. Any way i must say i am impressed with galaxy's service...it has been an experience comparable to or perhaps even a little better than the maruti service i experienced with my previous car!! for those who stay around Thane/Mulund....Galaxy motors is wayyyyyyy better than those unprofessional louts at Balaji cars...i regret making my purchase from Balaji cars...Another guy in my building bought a punto from galaxy due to the good reviews and he is happy!
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam

Good to see that your problem was solved. I guess such parts have to be imported, so the time lag. Better late than never though.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Kool... must say writing to FIat reely works guys...
    It has always worked with me though...
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Writing to Fiat has always helped all of us so far. I still feel there is some real lazy guys sitting at the spares department at Fiat who is not willing to respond to orders from the SCs.
  5. Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

Pran most of the times it's SC's that don't order thats atleast has been my experience so far. I don't know if it's coz they are lazy or they forget due to the sheer volume of cars(read cabs) that come for repair.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

to be honest guys ive not yet faced any problems with delay in parts as most of the time when ive needed anything replaced so far ive got it on stop at Wasan so far.. But yea had a tussel initially but now i've been treated royally as a true FIAT customer :)
  7. spvaidya

spvaidya Amatore

Kalyan, Mumbai
    Automatic Door Locking (Auto Close), Active?

Hi,
    While reading the user manual, I came across this sentence " This function is available on all versions and....." under Automatic door locking (20km/h). Is this true with Active model ? I have not checked myself and today my vehicle is given to showroom for Central lock fitment. Has anyone tried to change this using multifunctional display ?

Regards
    Shashank
  8. Re: Automatic Door Locking (Auto Close), Active?

Hi spvaidya, i think it's present in all versions you can only set it to off or on you can't change the speed at which lock is activated. It's changed using the controls provided on right of steering near the fog light buttons.
  9. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Re: Automatic Door Locking (Auto Close), Active?

Which Central lock are you getting?
    I known that only OEM i.e. Minda is suitable for punto & linea because
    in FIAT internal door knobs are controlled by cable not by rods like other cars
    So Nippon/Xenos/Autocop are not suitable for Fiat cars
    & tell about Auto lock (Autoclose @20 km/hr)
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Automatic Door Locking (Auto Close), Active?

I don't think the FIAT after market CL will provide auto lock facility. It has only remote lock/unlock facility, speed sensing lock requires extra software/ hardware. Better you can mail to FIAT and verify.

--Rajeev