1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

yeah thanks for reminding me....i have that krr-krr sound from the roof too...adjusting the passenger sun visor helps ...most of the times at least...also i have some noise coming from the left side or may be left rear...not sure...initiatlly i thought it was the passenger seat belt buckle hitting against the B pillar..but no its not that. So i gave up tying to hunt it down and fix it...i thought id just drown the sound out in loud music...but wait....the car ships with crappy speakers too!!! Any way there have been no sounds from the dashboard so far at least....my wagon r had started to rattle pretty early...comparatively.
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

29k km on odo of which except for the 1.5k km for my Bglore trip all were on our roads for which hopeless will be an appreciation, the only part that has come out so far for me is the small little plastic piece near the front quarter glass and the edge of beading on the roof. I feel there is some lazy guy at the assembly line or QA who is not doing his work. :punch
  3. gautam84

New Delhi

Even i have started facing the same problem in my linea petrol. The ABS light and a triangle next to it are glowing dim even when the car is turned off. they are not exactly bright as eldrid said but yes they glow and other symbols next to it are turned off..
    i really dont know what the problem is but these things are really taking my trust off fiat..

4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Both Ravi & Pran are right. Most of the time its the ASC which bungles in order placing (though Fiat can not wash off the responsibility). Just ask ASC to give you the order no. & you'll find out.
  5. Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

yes they gave me the order number and the date of placing the order....it was 15th of this month...though the problem was diagnosed much earlier i guess they were a few days late in placing the order, however...it still shouldn't take fiat this long to ship the part to mumbai..pune is not really far from mumbai...
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Yeah, 10 days is pretty long time. Have you mailed Fiat Order no.? Whats their response?
  7. Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

I finally wrote to them

Dear Sir,
    I had purchased a Fiat Punto Emotion pack in June 2010. Within three months my Punto was diagnosed with a defective display cluster. My dealership, Galaxy Motors, Mulund, Mumbai, have placed an order with Fiat for the defective part which is to be replaced free of cost under warranty. The order number for the same is :1374620 which was placed on 15th September 2010.

I was promised that the defective part would arrive within four working days; however, it saddens me to inform you that more than 15 days have passed by and the replacement part has not arrived yet.

I request you to kindly look into the matter and resolve things at your end.

I cc' d Deepak Wagh and Sudhir Bansal. Lets see what they have to say or whether they will even reply....
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: Door Lock ~ Ignition

If the steering is locked, turn the steering in the opp direction of the lock and then enter+turn the key... if you try to perform both simultaneously it wont unlock!!

If you read the manual..
    It says the car comes with a anti-crank system.. so you dont crank the engine while the engine is still on... starter motor safety feature (has happened many a lot of times when you dont know if the engine is still on...)

from my experience this feature and the 'traffic start stop advice' in the manual clash.. you need to get the right technique...
    Read the manual..

At traffic lights/jams, i use to turn the car off, take the key out and turn it back ready for a crank, while the USB continues to plays music uninterrupted.. has worked for me..
  9. Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

hey guys finally the part has arrived. Havent gone to get the fitting yet...shall go this saturday...lets hope my problems get resolved.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

Good to know that parts arrived, and sad to see each time we need to send emails to Fiat for spare parts. This needs to be closed at dealership level.

Hope your problem will get solved to your satisfaction.