1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Team, I would like to upgrade the stock bulbs for my Linea TJet[facelift model]. I find the stock headlamps very inadequate in low beam and do not want to drive with high beam. I am not looking for projector or fancy stuff, just good bulbs which should do a good job. I hope it will not void the warranty as such for electricals. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
  2. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    go for Philips Xtreme vision.. I replaced the stock bulbs with these in my Punto. Same wattage, much better lighting, no warranty problems.

I have been using them for 8+ months now, no issues at all. That too in the Punto, when the low beams are on and you flash high beam, both come on at the same time! For some other cars, flashing causes the high and low beam to alternate.

a comparison :
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  3. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Information: In Punto even the stock bulb also both beams comes at same time when you flash the high beam, its not the feature of bulb.
  4. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @swgaan yes that is understood. What I meant is, even with that feature, the bulbs are going fine. Whereas I have had other bulbs die on me with that kind of flashing :dead:
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    How about putting Xenon HID kit for Punto? I am planning to put it for my Punto and Palio as well.

For Palio HID will be for low beam and bulb upgrade for high beam.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That sounds great, any idea till now, how many switch(Low Beam to High beam vice a versa) you have done(rough more than 200 count) ?
    Whats the cost of the bulbs ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2015 ---
    Is Philips Xtreme Vision available with 100/90 watts ? Currently i'm havign 100/90 set-up
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  7. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I paid around 1100 for a pair. No idea about how many switch/flash I would have done till now, but it will be in the thousands.

XV available only in 60/55 AFAIK. The idea behind going for XV is to keep the stock wattage and get a bit more light. May not be helpful for you since you already have 100/90. Which ones are you using? Philips Rally?
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Yes to some extent it is true,I have got Osram NB + for last 3 years,I have experience that in rain.I am thinking to shit for the stock bulbs for the rainy season.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 3, 2015 ---
    Shift to stock Bulbs.
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Hid for your Palio is fine as it had a dedicated low beam reflector but for Punto, there will be too much glare for oncoming guys plus you wont be having much difference left in high beam n low beam as both will give a scattered light. HID on bare reflector is worse then anything.