1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Re: Door Lock ~ Ignition

Just take the key out and shut the door..and don't lock via remote..
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

I had faced it couple of times. I removed the key and put it back, then it worked. Need to test it with door open/close.

--Rajeev
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

elrid,
    Nice to see you here. even I've faced many issues with Balaji during sales as well as servicing, they kept the car for a week without telling me that the part was not in stock. They don't even ordered for it !!!!. I gave my peace of mind to Mr. Sunil, service manager. Also some minor issues they fixed, came back again, like the fuel lid lock is not working. I will definitely try Galaxy or Bharti. Heard some good reviews about it. Want to write a review on Sales/Service/Ownership, but very busy with work.

--Rajeev
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Interesting. Shall have to test though never faced this till now.
  5. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4

hey guys i am starting to feel a little disappointed now. The problem was diagnosed around a month back and the relevant parts were ordered for(thus no complains against the service center). However, the part ordered (new gauge cluster) didn't arrive yet. To add to it, now my key remote wont work, certainly not something i expect from a premium hatch(dont know if the battery died or its really spoilt). My wagon rs remote worked fantastically well even the day i sold it...i.e after it was 3.5 years old. This Fiat has already started being a peace of mind spoiler despite being new!!! I feel FIAT are not even making a decent effort to satisfy their customers in INDIA, which is weird, specially when the market is crowded with competitors. They offered me cheap shitty interiors....fine... i accepted it because it is a great car...then parts start conking off in a new expensive car which they say theyl cover under warranty......but then the parts dont arrive for a MONTH!!! a freakin MONTH!! are you kidding me...in this age of competition they have the audacity to keep me waiting for a MONTH!! I dont see how or why they should even take more than 4 days!!! pune is just a 3 hour drive from Mumbai...and if its going to take them this long to ship a part from Pune to Mumbai... it speaks highly about the company! Fortunately its just a gauge cluster and not some important part....what if my car couldn't run without that part? i would have to wait over a month to drive my car, specially when i paid around 6.5 lakhs of hard earned money on some arrogant Italian fucks !! Any way i have learned my lesson...and for me service forms a very important part of the entire car owning experience..and hence it would probably need a miracle for me to ever buy a FIAT again.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Did you check with your service center if they really ordered the parts? Most of the time delay is from service center not from Fiat. Please do verify.
    Yes it should not take more than a week after order.
    If the order is placed, and delay is happening from Fiat, please send an email to parts help desk and service help desk.

And which part has fallen-off?
  7. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad

I faced this a problem a couple of times when I switch off the ignition at red light. Though I can't really remember when was the last time it happened. But yeah as suggested above, re-inserting the key did help me each time.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Take the order number from service center and mail it to Ajay Bhatnagar. It will reach you in 2 days max.
  9. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4

Some rubber linings under the bonnet have come loose, the rubber strip fit in the roof gutter has started to come out (stuck it myself with fevi bond) the exterior plastic on the bonnet near the wiper has started to develop a chalky white layer...the funny part is my car is not even exposed to the sun, its parked in my stilt and i use it only on weekends!!!! The black plastic ornament near the front quarter glass(outside) fell off when i was on my way to get the first service done...fortunately they they had one in stock and dnt ask me to wait for a month till it ships from the factory, it cost me rs 11/-. These are small niggles one might argue, but you see its all in the detail. I guess its only human of me to expect good overall quality from a car i paid 6.5 lakhs for.
  10. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum

Welcome to the Tata-Fiat !! :A
    Almost all your niggles are present in my car too. Nothing has fallen off though. The gaping glovebox is a shame!! :firey The lousy roads in my place has thrown up so many rattles. From dashboard, doors, rear boot/parcel tray steering column. An irritating "krr - krr" noise from the roof trim at low speeds. :punch