1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp adjustment in punto

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by shams, Nov 28, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi guys, last week I changed the headlamp bulbs of my punto to Osram NB+. After the change the visibility from high beam has gone for a toss. Low beam seems okay however. I feel while installing the bulbs they have might have disturbed something. Please let me know how can I adjust it myself.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    1.Hope you have fixed it alright. i mean it is well seated.

2. is the lamp alright? sometime slight mechanical shock shift the filment out of axis.

3.there are screws behind the headlamp not so easy to reach but you can adjust it.

4.better take it to Fass.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ tried but could not locate the adjustment screws behind the headlamps. Also noticed that my right headlamp has hard plastic cover behind the bulb and the left one has a rubber cover. Is it like this usually?
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yes one side has plastic cover while the other has a rubber one. Don't worry.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @nkapoor777, thanks for the confirmation.
  6. Indraneel

Indraneel

Indore
    I had faced a similar situation when I installed my NB+ I suggest you buy a 7 No. allen key and set the headlights yourself. There are diff screws for vertical and horizontal adjustment. Do it in an open ground that has a building / structure at one end so you can park at a distance and set it according to your preference.
    2 people like this.