1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Head Lights broken

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by clash81, Mar 11, 2012.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Folks,

Recently my punto met with a minor accident and broke the headlights. The bulbs are intact. Can i get this fixed from Outside?

I believe if i go to TASS, they will have to place an order for this part or are these things going to be easily available?

pitch in your suggestions, please.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i believe you ll have to change the whole set, the glass alone is provided in spares. the set comes to around 2k a piece.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks varun for your reply. Do you mean to say, i will have to change the whole headlight assembly?
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yeah, whole assembly, AFAIK..
  5. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Need to replace the entire Headlight unit, if i remember correctly i paid ~3.3K for headlight and fixing
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Check with kava, Mumbai. Their cost is 40-50% cheaper than the TASS cost. They ship the parts to anywhere in India.
  7. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    for me , when i ordered the fog lamp cover , kava mumbai send the used part of fog lamp cover, it is already damaged one , i sent it back to them
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    You will have to replace the entire set. If the glass alone is available, you can get it fixed outside, but ensure that the joints are sealed properly to prevent moisture inside.

I managed to break the headlamp (LH) in the 2nd week iteself, sometime in Aug/Sept 2009. It cost me some 2300+ 300 (labor) then. The part was readily available then at Concorde Diary circle. And do let me know if you manage to get the broken one repaired by fixing the glass alone. I too would like to repair the original piece.

I didn't replace it immediately, instead picked up all the broken pieces and held them together using a transparent tape. It went went like that for 2 months. I thought it helped keep away the evil spells. :devilface Anyone who looked my car would get distracted by the headlamps.
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Can anyone offer me a clue as such where i can try to get the glass alone? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the bulbs and other fitments in the headlight assembly except that it is a bit dirty as i have been driving with the broken head light.

I couldn't plaster it altogether as the piece fell down due to the collision. I feel here in Bangalore, if i head to J.C road side i can get the glass alone.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is very difficult to get the glass alone. Even if you get that, it would be a tedious job to remove the existing glass from the headlight assembly and use the new glass. The tail lamp glass was broken in my car and I have to replace the entire set. TASS quoted Rs. 2900 and I got it from Kava for Rs. 1600 for a brand new assembly.