1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you got a bonnet bulge on your car???

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Bala, May 8, 2012.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I will try and post a pic tommorow.
    in my car even the paint has cracked from one place.
    and yes,i am finicky about my car,and i pop the hood at least once every two days
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Me too open it once a week, but the only thing to remember is to close it by dropping from 20 cms height. No pressing against the top of the bonnet.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    In my case,I do not even know to open the bonnet and the drivers are not bothered to open it,so,there is no question of pressing the bonnet while closing,still,the bulges appeared,that too on a replaced bonnet.
  4. MJP

MJP Timido

Bangalore
    Similar bonnet bulge..

Guys.. I'm having a similar issue with my new Punto. Took the delivery of the car yesterday (30-May-2012). Did not check the bonnet for any deformation at that time, since had a PDI last week. I just sticked to the inspection of flaws that were identified during the PDI. I remember opening the bonnet once prior to taking the car delivery and closed it back by dropping from some height, say 20 to 30cm height, as thats how I always do. After taking delivery, I drove for ~ 30km and parked the vehicle at house. Today morning when I saw the car, the bonnet was bulged at one side, which is quite visible from some angles. Was heart broke! But couldn't explain the reason for bulge. Just accidently bumbed into this thread and looks like its a common design issue. Will post some pics soon...
    I called up the sales guy today and informed. Planning to take the vehicle to them tomorrow. Will see what they have to say. Btw, anybody in the forum got this fixed??
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very bad it is MJP,that too on a brand new car.
    Leave the car with them,take snaps,forward them to Fiat-India and don't accept any excuses from the SA s.I know what they will say,Sir,we could not see any bulges and they will make an emperor's clothes story out of you.Don't accept just painting or tinkering in a new car,be with them when any work is done.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bala, we are still waiting to see the "famous" bonnet bulge on your Linea. I wonder who made it "famous". Post up pics of the "bulge" on the bonnet of your Linea ASAP.

I see a 2009 Linea almost every month and it looks every bit identical to our 2011 one. AND the 2009 has 1,25,000km's on the odo.
  7. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Those complaining of Bulge, atleast share a pic .
  8. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Someone please post pics. I always close as prescribed - dropping from some distance, but can't vouch for the same for security guys etc. Surely the sheet metal being used wouldn't be so flimsy... unless it's done so that the bonnet crumples easily on impact. Pics please!
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    There is no need to blame FIAT if you are not dropping the bonnet from some height to close it. I havent seen any FIATs with a bonnet bulge (not even one among the 25 cars that came for TFI kerala meet). There is a slight misalignment of the bonnet in most Puntos/Lineas. There appears a slight more gap towards one side of the bonnet. But still I havent seen any bulges.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Leave alone the bulge; I am yet to see a photograph of Bala's Linea.;)
    4 people like this.