1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you got a bonnet bulge on your car???

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Bala, May 8, 2012.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I noticed the 2 bulges in the bonnet,after 3 years of ownership,exactly at the same site,where umpteen number of Linea owners have noticed :mad::mad:,what is the reason/cause behind these bulges and what is the precaution/solution????.It looks awkward and am afraid fixing it would make it look even more awkward.
    After 44k kms,the needle is the fuel gauge has stopped moving and the alarm is always in yellow,even with 30 litres of fuel.:confused:
    So,how many of you have got the bonnet bulge???
  2. Please share some pictures.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Bala can you please post some pics. Is it a paint bulge or metal bulge ?
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Saw it within a week after delivery.
    Reason for the bulge according to Fiat expert that came to inspect was it is due to bonnet being closed by pressing the bonnet while it is recommended to drop it from a little height. But I don't understand how the metal gets bulges this way, if it's pressed shouldn't the bonnet get dented instead of getting bulges.
  5. No experience of this. Can you guys please share pics. I have not come across any posts in the forum about this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Pictures Please!!!!!
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I too have it from initial 1-2 weeks of ownership, I would think that mis-handling during the initial days could have been a problem. I've total of 2 now, But haven't seen anything new as I've been handling it carefully I think!
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I think i have it in mine as well:(
    Whats the fix?-Denting and repainting?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    had read somewhere about member Fastlove getting the bonnet replaced under warranty due to bulge!
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I have same experience and same words from FIAT, still carrying the bulges (though hardly noticeable) after 3 years 45K ownership. This problem is definitely a manufacturing flaw which FIAT never accepted. also the bulges are protruding outside and inside there is a rigid metal frame which cannot hit the bonnet layer, that is what puzzled me !!
    Last edited: May 9, 2012