1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you enrolled for Aadhar (UID)?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jul 1, 2013.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I also tried for enrolling in aadhar; failed every time some time due to time constraint, some time due to their ever changing centre, etc.
    Status as of now - Not yet enrolled.
  2. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Enrolled along with my family members last october. All of them except me received their Aadhar Card in Jan 2014. My Aadhar is allotted this Month and downloaded E-Aadhar from their site, yet to receive the Aadhar card physically though.
  3. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

Chennai
    I had enrolled myself along with my colleagues when they came to my office. All of them got it except me. When I followed it up with UIDAI guys they told me that the data got corrupted and I have to enroll again. :(
    Well looks like the entire UIDAI was a waste of public money and Indian's efforts(I got myself enrolled after standing in Queue for almost 3 hours).
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Recieved E-aadhar in May 2013. Yet to receive a physical card. :confused:
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Recieved mine and my brother's as well. However, it took a long long time before one day it came through.

Here is a funny yet thought provoking gag about Aadhar card, incase you have'nt see foreseen the future of Aadhar card holders.. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Government is planning to make Aadhaar mandatory for issue of passports and is in the process of establishing a system for validation of criminal antecedents of the applicant.

Source - http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/45101667.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

My Opinion - Government should first make Aadhar mandatory for Citizens before making it mandatory for some other services. I still don't know how can I get it enrolled for Aadhar if I missed the drives conducted by them. I still don't see a single enrollment centre in the state of TN - https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/easearch.aspx

There has to be a fool proof process and system in place for enrollment of Aadhar before making it mandatory for something else. I am sure this move from Government is also going to be challenged in Court. I wish the current lawmakers to be more sensible than the previous.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Very tricky realm, many things could be twisted to the point of forming a police state for all the wrong reasons. Lets hope this thing is well thought of with regards national security too. So this is good to keep tabs on crime or criminals, lets hope so. Really interesting to see what legislations will be passed for these things.

So very true, like "the thin end of the wedge" situations. What looks good could turn for the worst and vice versa. Needs too much delicate handling before passing the laws.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This may be a welcome move to curb the false applications. But, they should first ensure to create a proper system for the Citizens to enroll in Aadhar.

This is reminding me of a rule (ridiculous) few years back by the Government of TN making the Ration Cards mandatory to even continue receiving the LPG cylinders. I got notice from the dealer that I have to update my Ration card details with them or provide proof that I have applied for one. When I asked what if I don't wish to get a Ration card, they still need a certificate from the Authorities that I don't have a Ration card. I had to spend a month with few days of leave to get this sorted out. And after few years, this rule was nullified.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes systematic approach is a must. The lawmakers and policymakers or experts need to carefully plan and execute and improvise at each stage. There are many critical issues (unforeseen) I am sure, that must have come up as soon as Adhar card campaign started. The arbitrariness will have more temporary and permanent problems and damages to the whole system and people in general. Like you said earlier, hope the new government listens to the best of experts and bureaucrats alike.
  10. krismask

krismask Amatore

Chennai
    Govt should have considered making Aadhar mandatory only when a common man is able to apply and get Aadhar. As said earlier by others, the current enrollment process is not fool proof.