1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you enrolled for Aadhar (UID)?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jul 1, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    J Ravi sir, i guess you were lucky not to have too much of crowd at your enrollment center :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I donot remember the exact month, but my whole family have enrolled for Adhar and have received the same quite quickly last year. I have also enrolled the Adhar number to my bank and Gas connection. The first amount of money that is supposed to be credited against the gas connection was also credited recently. But, there are several friends of mine (who stay in other areas of city) who have not received their Aadhar cards yet.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    guys who have already enrolled, lets put down some suggestions for the people who are yet to enroll!
    I would suggest go there on a weekday in the morning, if able to get the token then well and good, if not then go in the afternoon.
    They don't plan so well about how many tokens to give out on a day, so many times it happens that by afternoon they will realize that they can enroll some more people and then they start giving tokens again.

Also knowing which centers are having less crowd would help.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What will happen if we miss these drives? How can the missed ones can enroll for the Aadhar?
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I guess there would be dedicated centers where the processing is done and later the card is issued. These drives IMO are temperory.
  6. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    Our family got it done last year. My wife collected the forms from the bank first day and we went to the bank who put up a special counter for Aadhar registration next day and the whole process took around 30/40 minutes. One month after this process received the Aadhar cards.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Like any other major project in India, Im expecting a huge SCAM in this project too. To me this whole project is just waste of money and people's time.

Atleast 3 people i know got 2 Aadhaar cards with each with "Unique" UID's on each. How is it technically possible to generate Duplicates with all the Biometirc & Iris scanning they have been doing for the enrollment.

Im thinking they do not have a central database in one place and all the information that is being collected is in Local hard drives at the local enrollment centers (which will eventually be lost) and they are just sending out basic information to the place where cards are printed and hence no way to check for duplication.

or

They do not have the technology to read the IRIS/Biometric info.

However, im 99% sure they do not have a central database.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    UIDAI project itself is meaningless if they don't have a central database or a Network database.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I've not still - Until it's forced upon me really, can't be bothered to collect a token in the morning and wait for hours to be done with the process. If the government is hell bent on implementing they need to plan, not like 5 days and you got to be done before that. Like every other plan our GOI this must also be in shambles.

/end of rant
    2 people like this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    UIDAI all info about Aadhar card is available in this site, people can locate near by Centres in their locality where there isn't much crowd and get the tokens and register them self, now i am hearing National population register NPR project can anybody put light on this please.