1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you enrolled for Aadhar (UID)?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Jul 1, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    We were asked to enroll for the Aadhar card in our locality in a drive which is on currently. The drive is planned only for 5 days. I heard that we need to visit the venue in the morning to collect a token and again visit later in the afternoon for the enrollment. Many of neighbours went this morning to collect the token and came back empty handed as they closed issuing tokens at 8 AM itself. Also, I heard that people were waiting in the queue from as early as 5 AM in the morning.

Have you enrolled for Aadhar? Is this that difficult to get the Aadhar? Another sick planning from our Government?

Request you to throw more lights please.
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    At Elec City (Bangalore) they had put up a seperate booth for enrollment to Elec City residence and same area Employees. Where in a special considerations was given for employees such as no tokens or any thing. Just go and show the Id Card and your enrollment is done in 20-30 mins depending on the crowd.

But at my residence place, yes what you said is true. Huge crowd and tokens issued is very limited per day.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I don't understand this logic. Are they committed to issue Aadhar to all Citizens or not?
    This is another ill planning from our honourable lawmakers.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I have enrolled three months back when there was a drive in my organization (TCS) premises for the enrollment. had to collect the token, have documents verified and submitted in the 1st 2 hours and come back after 3-4 hrs to for rest of the procedure which took another 30 mins for 2 people.

- - - Merged Post - - -

people who are working for this are grossly understaffed and as a result crowd is having to wait for hours in queue.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ Good. But what about people who are not in any corporate world to enjoy this simple process? If they issue only fixed or limited number of tokens for a day in the drive, how would they complete enrolling everybody? I doubt if they have estimate of people to be enrolled in a locality and have planned the drives.
  6. I did it 4 weeks back when they came to our office premises for three days, BOI was doing it for as my company has tie up with them.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    true Ramesh! theres definitely lack of planning there. for people whose employers are not facilitating the process have no option but to stand in queues.
    They were not able to plan for/ manage the crowd in my organization alone! its not difficult to guess how it would be outside.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, at Bangalore on 30 May 2013 in BBMP ward office near my home. I went there in the morning, collected 2 sets of forms, visited in the afternoon with wife with our original passports only, got the forms verified and initialled by BBMP official [5 minutes] and got photographed in the webcam, biometrics registered and checked the details entered by the operator and watched on the screen displaying uploaded successfully, all completed in 15 minutes. Earlier, I tried to get it done at Chennai, visited Chennai Corporation office only to be told to come with a chit issued at the time of census enumeration without which I could not enrol for Aadhar! After 3 weeks, I checked Aadhar status online and came to know our Aadhar numbers. But, I am yet to get the physical Aadhar cards.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    I had enrolled last year around September. At that time rush was too high but I guess now the rush must be less in most places since as per government figures the cards has been issued to more than 30cr people. But to get final card it took 3 months of time.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Mine done a month back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta