1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you driven a new Punto lately?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gurjinder, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why don't you call Mangesh and get some help from him?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes Ramjn, Mangesh is one person i intend to contact.

Rest i'm awaiting the owner's view on how she intends to pursue the matter further. The car's driving totally fine apart from this noise.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    gurjinder SA's Mr Ravinder is good and goes out of the way to solve your problem, he changed perfectly alright elastic pads and shockers of my car when I complained about noise from suspension but that too didn't solve the problem in my case.So he showed my car to manager and he just didn't accepted that there is any abnormal noise from suspension. Service Manager Mr Hansraj is rude, not only with customers but also with his colleagues in joshi autozone. I had heated arguments with him within the first week of delivery of my car and again after 2 years nothing changed in his behavior, he refuses to acknowledge that there is any problem in car and make the customer believe that this is normal functioning which many customers like my dad believe.
    So finally had to shoot a mail to fiat after which the same manager acknowledged the noise and apologized for earlier behavior, after which link rod was replaced, but that too didn't solve, tie rods were checked they too were fine finally I suggested them to lubricate the rubber parts in the suspension system and that made the noise go away.

PM me if you need the contact details of Fiat co-coordinator of our region who handles complaints made about Service to fiat.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Differant performance is due to differant types of chemicles mixed in fuel. One truth I understood after loosing Rs.13 lacs, Multijet is not successful on Indian fuel quality.l spoke with Mangesh of fiat. And invited his attention to change in ECU firmware. IMO DDiS is suitable for Indian fuel quality
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I don't think any major compalint arise in any forum about any issue with MJD. Infact they are the best suited engines for india. It doesn't demand premium fuels. Did Mangesh express the same openion?Fuel quality can affect any engine. I think every multiget owner in this forum are satisfied with the MJD.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great find Sir. This is interesting for me. Can you please throw more light on this? On what basis you are making this assumption?
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Looks like our dear old friend Mr. Amol Mane (Bhai) is back to his theories again. And is claiming he has already "LOST" 13 lakh rupees.

Amol Sir , i'm very saddened that your Punto has allegedly developed some fuel related issues and we would love to hear your theories about the causes. But not here on TFI. We've had enough of that discussion.

Cheers.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ramjn & guru
    I will definately update. If anyone wants to take trial, tank up the punto and swift or anyother crdi car from rural area bunk. I have experience of 70000 km. If there is adulteration,performance of ddis decrease only upto 10%. But performance of multijet decreases upto 40-50%. That,s why I mentioned that multijet is more sensitive to bad fuel than ddis/Tdci/Dicor.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhai, thats why we told you not to sell your Punto MJD Active and buy 90HP MJD again. Especially when you are not at all happy with the Ahmednagar TASS, if not the quality of MJD engine.

Suppose the total number of FIAT Punto/Linea MJD at TFI are 1248. Out of those 1248, 1247 have never talked about impact of fuel on performance

MODS NOTE- This thread is for discussions regarding the performance of newer Punto MJDs and not the fuel quality issues. All off topic posts shall be deleted without notice. Further non compliance shall lead to locking up of thread. The thread has served its purpose well till now.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
    3 people like this.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Bhai ..Can you please explain what technical difference is there between a MJD & DDis engine ? As per my knowledge , they are the same with different badges . But yes every manufacturer has done some tweaks in the ECU, gearbox etc to attain better efficiency etc. The same combustion mechanism is happening in DDIS & MJD . All CRDI engines if run on bad fuel will create problems. Can you please check up the density of diesel before filling so that you can be on the safer side.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.