1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you driven a new Punto lately?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gurjinder, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hello guys hold on - there are no changes in ECU as well as no changes in ratio whatsoever.

Proof : just took a test drive of june 2011 punto 90hp of our own member kedar. i drove his car and he took the video.

i will upload the video too. in 1st gear @2500rpm - 20kmph , 2nd gear @3000rpm - 40kmph, 3rd gear@2000rpm- 40kmph.

so the gear ratio stands same as old punto 90hp as well as linea.

confirmed this from factory sources too. no change in ECU mapping, no change in gear ration, no changes in engine. nothing at all :(
  2. hi
    sorry that i actually was away from this forum and is my first post after a long time.

a small flashback: i had sold my old tata indigo and was roaming around in my old trusty unicorn. i was looking for a good hatch and had test driven almost all hatches available here but none impressed me. i love FIAT and was almost to book a 90hp some time back but due to some reasons i was not into that and to avoid my confusions, my big brother booked a swift zdi for me asked not to look further. but am still waiting for last 4 months in the que clueless, then i happend to hear this news and i was like :shocked

the one and only reason why i avoid fiat was - i had test drove it many times and i never felt it easy to drive in the city, but am supposed to use my car extensively in city, almost 50+ kms everyday in slow moving traffic

but this indeed a happy news for me and am ready to cancel my booking anytime. meanwhile FIAT GURUS please post a detailed report regarding this and there by helping many confused fiat fans like me, please guide me

MODS: am here after long time and dont know whether the rules have changed or what, please delete or move if felt inappropriate
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    So, the change happened after June or so?
    Lets wait for gurjinder's test drive tomorrow.

And also, I would love to drive a recent 90HP and give my feedback. I have owned 2010 GP 90HP. I can give a comparo if I get to drive one.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yashik bhai when are you coming to Chandigarh.

I'm thinking about a back to back test between this new Punto and Yashik's.

That'll clear up a lot of things.

And thanks italia for trying out Kedar's 90 to check for any differences.

Cheers.
  5. Italia-Linea

Pune
    ^^ gr8 that gurjinder will be driving a new punto too.

lets capture videos or rpm vs speeds in kmph - this shows correct gear ratios.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Can anyone tell the speeds vs rpm that they experience, in the 75hp Punto MJD? Especially the first two gears.

I reckon the yardstick of the speeds at 2000rpm in the first two gears would be fine.
  7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    hi all , is it fine if we benchmark 75 as well as 90 hp puntos and lineas at below rpms, as i found that these rpms with turbo boost full on will be better for our calibrations,
    What say Gurjinder bro?

1st gear @2500rpm
    2nd gear @3000rpm
    3rd gear@2000rpm
  8. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    For 75hp Punto MJD

1st gear at 3k rpms has speed of 20km/h and how hard u push , it does not go above 20km/h.
    2nd gear at 3k rpms has a speed of 40km/h.
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Italia bro, since the sluggishness was below the 2k mark, shouldn't v take note of gear-rpm-speed(1st-1500-???)below 2k mark, as thats where gurjinder has specified that the pull is stronger and the sluggishness has reduced considerably.

Just my POV
  10. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I have always felt my Punto drives different everyday and I thought it was just reflecting my mood... :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.