1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you driven a new Punto lately?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gurjinder, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I think so. It may be for 75HP too.
  2. harry_1407

harry_1407 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Going through the TBHP thread i guess the tuning must be done for 75HP also. But the question is why the sales team are not aware of these things.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Because, Fiat has not yet officially communicated to the dealers.

But, I am sure even if they communicate, these DUMB TATA dealers won't mind much.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What can dealers do if manufacturers do not take initiative for advertisement.Thanks to Gurjinder we came across such a change else who might know?
    Dealers are much helpless when it comes to product promotion. at the most they can take certain bold steps under own responsibilities which most of them would not like to.

Thanks to TFI we are all connected and well informed.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Interesting development reported by Harry. Thanks.

Now the next plan of action seems to be - Will anyone having the "older" Punto (75hp) endeavour to ask TASS for a reflash of the ECU with the strongly-rumored new map?

That'll bring out some more interesting developments for sure.

But we'll have to make sure that the map they install IS indeed the latest and the one which comes on brand new Puntos.

Cheers.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Gurjinder , could you make out whether there was any mechanical changes?

with my punto 90hp I assure there is a gap of around 500rpm between 1st and 2nd gear.

If ECU retuning can compensate for the same then it can set the road on fire!
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    Sorry JayD its not possible to make out concretely whether the gear ratios have been played around with.

The feel i had was the first gear ratio has been slightly altered (read - made higher), and the second was just more punchy. I know the comparison may not be right, but the Linea quickly runs out of breath in the first. But that Punto pulled SWEETLY.

I shall be getting to drive that Punto again tomorrow. I'm very jealous of that Punto ever since i drove it.:twisted:

So will update the thread again with tomorrow's driving report.

Cheers.

Edit - The first time i drove that Punto, i said a loud "whoooo" when the Punto pulled sweetly in the first gear itself. My fellow occupants got worried and asked " Is everything allright with the car??" :lol
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure if Guys like Gurjinder make "Whooooo".... it will let go all the alarm bell ringing in our hearts.
  9. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    @gurjinder........was the car jerky in second gear as swift...??
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Not at all. With only 100km on the clock, the engine was pulling nice and clean. On an open stretch of road i gave the engine the "heavy foot" :D through the gears and was at 90, before my elder brother scolded me.

It'll be even smoother once it clocks some serious mileage.

Cheers.

That said, the Swift D isn't jerky. It's just super turbo-laggy. The power delivery is like from idle......nothing....waiting.....nothing....2200rpms...EVERYTHING ! ::pP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.