1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you driven a new Punto lately?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gurjinder, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Is this change(?) noticeable only in Punto or is it applicable to Linea too? Mine is May 2011 Linea MJD. In my Linea I don't feel as sluggishness as my Punto had in the 1st and 2nd gears.

Someone who owns a 2010 Linea should drive my car and give the feedback.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

I too felt the same when I test drove a 90 HP (I have written this in my other thread as my wife was against buying a 90 HP for its pickup) Punto. It was more sprited than the earlier 75 HP i drove and i felt it peppier than my brother's newly bought Ford Figo. However, in my new Punto (90 HP) I did not feel this pull and felt that the first two gears are a bit of struggle. I drove the car for a long drive for around 600 KMS during the week end and now the car is zooming. I was earlier driving at around 1000-1500 RPM for the initial run in period. During this trip i made her rev upto 2500 at times to open her up a bit and now I am seeing visible different. Is it due to the way ECU sets itself as per our driving habits? Experts advise.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  3. My 2010 Punto is refined and smooth at 26K Kms but new 2011 Punto seems to pack a touch little punch in the drive than mine.
    I was inquiring with TASS on whether they could do a ECU re-flashing for my car?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

If they can flash the earlier map with the supposedly newer map the new Puntos are carrying, there might be a difference. And this can provide some data to this thread also.

What did the TASS say to this?

5. My TASS SA is yet to get back to me on this.

Also FIAT Seems to be doing to give more power/torque at Turbo spool RPM, may be they have read the comments on forum about lack of out right acceleration etc and changed the torque map?
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

well i can easily verify this if someone from pune can come up with a old punto and new punto or some new 2011 linea.

i can check all the parameters at various rpms on both cars, by this we can verify what has been changed lately.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I smell a fish.I wonder if they will ever bother to act like that ,at the most they will ask you to exchange the old car with the new ones.Luck we are if they did.
  8. TASS folks gets a CD of the ECU software,if you have good relationship with them it's possible.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    May be we old Punto/Linea owners must try our hand on new cars, on TFI meets. Keep this an agenda.
    Looks promising change from Fiat, but pretty difficult to spread this positive change. Only option is new car owners and their experience.

I don't think one need any special relationship to get ECU installed, if updates are available.
  10. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    dur ke dhol suhane ..
    i own a nov 2010 punto and i am happy with the performance, have read about performance lag on tbhp nd tfi too ..
    every time i read sumthing like that, i feel what the hell .. my punto roars as i press the throttle..
    have many times compared with almighty Swift's pickup.. but considering the kerb weight of punto m not disappointed, it just makes sense....
    but then again if there's a ECU update lurking around, would be happy to have it :)
    FIAT !!! make it happen ....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.