1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you driven a new Punto lately?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gurjinder, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Only this Sunday did a relative got a October built car Jayadev. Like i wrote in this thread.
  2. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    @gurjinder: YES! I agree with you! I test drove a new 90hp punto last week, manufactured in "october", in pondicherry. It's definitly different from the rest! The pick up is just too good! And FIAT has done a very good job in fit and finish too! The Brakes were spot on!!! The clutch pedal is almost like a sports clutch so "light". I did revv up the TD vehicle, and it was a delight!!!

@all: PLEASE do TD the 90hp PUNTO that has been manufactured after the month of september!!! FIAT has seriously done some changes!!!

Actually i was forcing one of my dad's friend to TD it as he wanted a new hatch-back. He was about to book the new SWIFT. He test drove all the hatch-back except the recently launched RENAULT PULSE. He was not happy with most. He already had a swift ddis. So he was about to book the new SWIFT. I almost dragged him, and finally he test drove the new 90HP PUNTO. He was indeed stunned!!! :D He did make a comment, as he has a Verna crdi vgt: "this PUNTO has the performance of verna, and also it's better than it, in terms of ride quality and handling" :p
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    not the october 2011 but I have driven 2010 punto from showroom to home and that pulled better than my 2009 linea.
    Switching from BP to IOC and vice versa also increases performance in my car (both are COCO pumps so fuel is pure).
    After pressure washing of my car I feel my cars performs better and clutch too feels soft.
    Temp to plays an imp role in the morning car performs better than in the day.

After disconnecting -ve terminal I feel I am driving a completely new car such is the difference it makes in lower revs below 1800 rpm
  4. Even i am noticing this change!

My cousin has got a 2009 punto emotion. During my initial trial i felt the car is really sluggish in the 1st and 2nd gears. I have to burry the pedels to do a overtaking in these gears.

Now I am planning to take a new punto emotion this month. I have test driven the new 2011 manufactured vehicles in different showrooms i found that there is no turbo lag in the car to my suprise. I went to figo test drive immediately after the punto and i found the first two gears have the equal pull. Maybe Fiat has forgotten to advertise the change which is causing their sales to drop to 3 digits!!!

Pl Fiat to Market the GEM properly !!! It will yield you more profits. Dont give discounts which is reducing the brand image !!!
  5. My friend got 3 month old Punto, it's way more refined than my punto at the same readings at odo.
    Response seems to be way better,could be a the tweak in ECU software?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thats ok. What car did he book finally? :)
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Typing this post from BlackBerry where paragraph formating goes haywire.

@Gurjinder -

I agree with Italia_linea. Even my 1.4 Linea sometimes just takes off sprightly and sometimes feel sluggish.

If possible Please drive the same Punto few more times at regular interval, may be after its driven in B2B city traffic sufficiently and share your experiences compared to earlier Punto. You might need to drive earlier Punto as well for like to like comparison ;) he he

Even after doing above if there is a visible difference then only god will help Fiat if it does not market its product properly. E.g. TATA marketed DriveTech 4 for nothing substantial!!
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Definitely VP. Will keep this thread updated. Our relative and the car is in Chandigarh only. Can't wait to drive it again. :)

BUT,
    I'd driven our brand new Linea home myself, and i drove this brand new Punto. And i can easily say that the Linea was nowhere as happy to perform in the first two gears as this Punto is. This is a brand new to brand new comparison. The Linea i was driving alone from the dealer to home, this Punto was loaded with 5 passengers. The fact that the Punto has a 15hp handicap makes it that much more intriguing.

So, to me it's really clear that the difference is there. If only i could substantiate it with some data.

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Yes.:) PaddleShifter is due for a drive in our Palio D, and i'll take one round in his Punto! Okay PS?
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  9. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I am glad this discussion is taking place. I have a May 2011 MJD (75 BHP) and I never felt any lag/sluggishness. I used to wonder why people say there is a lag in 1st & 2nd gears in diesel cars. Thought, since I haven't driven any powerful car, I am not noticing:p

Done two highway runs and the performance has been STELLAR:cool:

Like, I have updated in my ownership thread, the first gear is just WOW! And like somebody said here, in bumper to bumper traffic (For Bangy guys, K.R Puram traffic) second gear w/o throttle is more than enough.

But yes, the best mileage I've got is 16kmpl on highway. In cities, I am not sure since dad uses it. But I think it is around 14-15kmpl. 18-19kmpl is nowhere to be seen in our car atleast.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Could this be due to the weight reduction Fiat did sometime back?

I know you mentioned it earlier gurjinder about driving Linea alone & Punto with 5 Passengers.

But still there is nothing compared to like to like meaning New Punto to earlier Punto. Nothing beats it. Drive PS Punto & then your relative's new Punto.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.