1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have you come across this?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by aniket_magar_666, Jan 10, 2011.

1. aniket_magar_666

aniket_magar_666 Timido

Mumbai
    Guys.. i came across this peculiar thing about the Radio of my car, even if the car is completely switched off (note this: even if the keys are not inserted) my radio plays perfectly fine.
    I mistakenly pressed the On/Off button and the radio started. I checked it with CD or Media Player theses two things doesn't start. Only the radio starts even if the car is not On and with the keys not inserted.
    Anyone of you came across such issue please comment. What can be done to resolve this issue?
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just reset your radio through settings button.
    It happened with me once, after reset everything is normal.
  3. aniket_magar_666

aniket_magar_666 Timido

Mumbai
    Hey Ravi thanks for the quick reply... appreciated.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ::OO I thought this was a feature!!
    My 3 year old son found this for me when he switched on the radio after we all had got out of the car.
    Pressing and holding the on/off button for a couple of seconds switches off the unit, and if left on, I think it will automatically shut down after 20 minutes.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @aniket_magar_666
    This is a feature of car. CD does work without key in ignition only Media Player doesn't work. Steering Control works too.
    As mentioned by royj HU automatically switches off after 20 min to prevent battery from draining.
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    u can switch this function
    HU.. SETTINGS..RADIO OFF..
    OPTIONS 20 MIN OR 00MIN
    SET 00 IF u want to switch of radio with key engine off
    set 20min if u want to switch off radio manually or auto. after 20 min
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, I misunderstood the question. I thought the issue is even if you switch- engine off, the radio continues to play. Normally, if you switch-off the engine, radio also stops.
    However, even in case of engine is off, if you press the radio button on, it will work.
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    One more thing, the CD also works when the engine is switched off and the radio is switched off.
  9. aniket_magar_666

aniket_magar_666 Timido

Mumbai
    Hey thanks a ton guys... ::D