1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Have a look at this.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by saharsh, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Guys, the owner never said anything bad about Linea, I think even he understands that car saved his life. What he is talking about is "GoodYear" Tyre and there capabilities. Getting tyre burst could be due to quality issue or some unseen even too. Its no harm in trying to verify if its quality issue, if proved then it must be concern for everyone.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah the owner did not mention that he was lucky that he was behind the wheels of the Tank Build Car.
    Unfortunately he said, (ARE YOU SAFE??, If you are driving FIAT LINEA )
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    My Experience, I had this verna before I had Punto. It had michelin tyres on all.
    Everyone including me believe that this brand is very good. However fortunately for me, when I was parking the car inside my parking, the tyre suddenly burst.

The tyre had normal pressure, the outer wall gave way, there was no puncture etc.

So, I believe all model of tyres has thier share of quality issues, for me it was lucky escape.

My brother used to work for a Tyre company, at factory & I was fortunate to have visited the plant as well. They were the 1st in india to manfacture radial tyre for trucks and busses.

Each and every tyre built will have the imprint on who was the tyre builder, the stock he drew from stores, QC done, Batch etc.. all these are on each tyre... This information will certainly help track if the lot had issue or something else.

However, I didnt pursue this and left it alone.

As many commented, in India consumer protection laws are not that strong, hence we fail to go back to root cause of an issue & try to stop that from re-occuring.

Coming back to the topic, that linea owner is luck, but if the car hit head on, why did the back side of the car take an impact as well? Because, I didnt see any mention there that some other vehicle hit from behind. or am i growing old ;)
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    tyre burst can happen because of many reasons and one of then could be the bad quality. my linea's rear tyre had once hit a low lying metal sign board. i checked for any damages but could not find any. then when my car had gone for servicing the SA brought to my notice that the tyre's sidewall has a minor crack which was not deep but just on the surface. i observed the crack for a while and it was getting bigger. so i kept that tyre as a spare and fixed a new spare wheel in its place.
    now if that crack was not noticed (it was actually really hairline) the results could have been dangerous. and i would have blamed the tyre for the burst. so my suggestion to all you out there keep a close eye on the tyres health for your safety.