1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hatchback Mess: In 6-7 lacs.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by drnpunto, May 2, 2011.

1. drnpunto

drnpunto

MK-Ludhiana
    @Gurjinder;
    There are rare chances of mine to go with AN Swift but even then I'll be hanging my purchase till All new Swift arrives.
    Just to check what MSIL is going to offer this time & in how much improved manner.
    There are many other launches expected by this July-end also, like;
    -VW Polo 1.6 TDi.
    -Mahindra Xylo-CS(Mini SUV).
    -Fiat Punto(with Refreshed Black-Beige Interiors).
    All this wait, so that I'll not Regret later on to my decision.
  2. drnpunto
    sir there is no point waithing unless you are a car trader and change the caar every 6 months.
    there is no point waiting as there will always be cars coming down the pipeline and you might as welll wait for a couple of years and when the budget permits get a sedan

btw will a VW polo 1.6TDI come for 6 lakhs???
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @drnpunto
    Right, but then , the wait for Etios hatchback diesel might start.

And that is one car even i am waiting for. But it wont be here before 2012. And then ,another might come.

When you gotta do something, you gotta do it. The Figo was born old and outdated. So will be the new Swift ( old wine ,old bottle , new label). i20 isnt what i'd call exciting.

So, go for the Punto , and dont bother about beige interiors.

Gurjinder.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Totally agree and hence shouldn't we get an option of taking black or beige interiors? What's happening today is that we are forced to take beige.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    punto - i am not sure yet how good it would be but so far it did not give a chance to regret.

swift- i have seen some reviews it same just a "NEW" lable.

VW - tdi , is it so impressive against punto legendry fiat hearts ?
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Leaving aside everything else, I fail to understand; a car that costs 7+ lacs has a 3 cylinder engine and people are going gaga over it!!
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Base variant of Grande Punto has Rear AC vents as well. Spend Rs4500/- and you can get a center armrest along with fully functional dedicated knee level Rear AC vent like that of Linea/Vento.

I would actually like to know how exactly it is the best car upto 7 lacs. I would actually agree with you on this only till 5 lacs.
  8. drnpunto

drnpunto

MK-Ludhiana
    That's the reason for waiting, as after the arrival of new version, Old one feels age old comparitively. So don't want to take any decision in hurry.
    & 2ndly, Budget isn't any of the reason behind the wait.

By July-end strictly I've to buy the car, but Can't delay further.

2ndly, Only label will be Old(SWIFT) for new Swift, rest everything will be new from Wheelbase to everything.

As in the hunt going on for buying a car these days, I've driven most of the cars upto Executive Sedan segment.
    Believe it or not !
    Out of most of them Figo came out to be the Best Handler, Comfortable, Driveable(with almost No turbo-lag) with maximum 'Fun to Drive' element associated with it.
    People(even myself included) aren't going to believe this easily due to its Low-price tag image.

Sorry guys, If i've hurt anyone feelings with this quote.
  9. drnpunto
    never mind. every body has his/her own taste.
    its your money. you need to take a call. enjoy it, keep it, save it.
    we can only give suggestions, rest is your wish..

since you are not a car dealer there is no point waiting..
    is there a promise by any company that they will not launch new models after you buy a car with better features??
    all the cars after 5-6years of time command almost the same resale value.. on an average...
    you talk about featruees you can get those things fixed from aftermarkets. there is no point waiting
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    no issues.
    if i say indica vista has got better driveability than our fiat cars how many of us will have frown eyes. people in india hate tata and indica vista like garbage trucks.
    i used vista for an year and i know it very much.
    indica vista faired far better than my present punto90hp in city or on highway drive ability.
    that car had got mjd engine where turbo lag was next to nil and i still miss it.
    but alas it was no fun.i tried my very best to squeeze out maximum out of it by changing tires to fat one, damping floor etc but engineering in that car had its limitation where fiat cars stand out highly superior.
    where indica vista shown signs of ageing and wear(by5k kms) in day to day use,fiat punto is getting more matured and outstanding (by 8k kms)that is where i fell for fiat , their legendary knowledge.

such things are quite normal and understood, where pros and cons go hand in hand.
    Last edited: May 20, 2011