1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hatchback Mess: In 6-7 lacs.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by drnpunto, May 2, 2011.

1. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I personally prefer black interiors, it is far more practical for our dusty country. I really don't understand this beigification of India that's going on!

I have a City with beige seats and it's stained really badly. Even small accumlation's reflect badly on the seats. Similar problems were there on my SX4. I had a torrid time keeping the beige leather seats clean.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I agree with Amit, Dark color is cool to maintain, and looks great in day,
    The same issue with me, My corolla has a Beige seat and i find it hard to maintain, have to spend 1 hr every week to clean the seats.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

+1 and 100% agree, my Petrol 1.4ltr if driven without insanity returns 16.5-18 on highways, i did experiment it on recent long drive to Goa and it just maintained it ... speed that i could achieve it was 80kmph, well one trick is as you gain speed, just remove ur feet from gas pedal for a fraction of a second and then press the instant consumption will show an immediate gain of 3-5kmpl and do this as you start gaining speed and less than a minute you will see the consumption will hover around 23-26kmpl and if you maintain this you can get an avg consumption of 16.5-18kmpl.... but as i needed to cover 4600kms didnt have time to maintain 80km/h for ever...short journeys on good highways you can surely get it...
    On Another note : Vijayant / Yashik , are you listening ;) im getting ready for another round of FE run on our next outing and last time my car came in second
  4. drnpunto

@jayadev, amit & tony;
    Liking or disliking is purely a subjective matter & depends upon personal preferences.
    Beige interiors are generally meant to provide wide & Airy-feel, whereas Black or Dark Grey at the same time imparts somewhat dark, tight & Claustrophic feel.
    Remember Old Honda City 1.3/1.5 with Dark coloured interiors, it looked more of like Maruti800 or Zen's interiors.
    & Just imagine Honda City or Manza or Linea with Black or Dark Grey interiors.

Personally, my liking is more oriented towards Beige-shaded ones.
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    can't predict fiat , they change their intentions .

it is your own liking what colour you prefer . when you ask is it worth waiting for biege interiors . well it was not much worth as present dark is as much good , but again it would be worth if fiat brings in improved interiors with better fit and finish. nevertheless present punto/linea interiors are not bad either.

just wait if you can. maybe you shall be the extra lucky person to get best interior ever in fiat cars .
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Drnpunto- There has been no info on Punto with Beige and black interiors (Linea's interiors). I just came to know about the name of the guy who has posted this info on some website and I am sure nothing like this is going to happen (judging from his mental level). No offense.

But, if you like the beige interiors and believe that this might actually happen, then I advise you to wait. New Swift would be here by then (since you told me that you also intend to check out the new swift).
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

I do not like the beige interiors and seat cover color in my Linea, with kids below 5 years of age, it is very difficult to maintain.

Black looks classy any day and it is easy to maintain. The Palio 1.2 black interiors looked more elegant than the Linea.
  8. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Punto 90HP, that is the best one to go for, no second thoughts. I enjoyed driving 75HP version and sure 90 HP NVH and power delivery will be much much better than 75HP
  9. drnpunto

Test Driven Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi Elegance today.
    Noticed more cons in it than expected pros, might be due to the fact that this car is getting too long in the market now.

Some Quick observations about it;
    -Engine is very lethargic & somewhat noisy. Briskness of CRDi is absent.
    -After doing repeated Steering(Tilt & Telescopic) & Driving Seat Adjustments i haven't found the comfortable position in it.
    Seating is more of Upright-like.
    -TD-en this car in Peak afternoon(~45degrees C) & at that temp its AC cooling wasn't equally Satisfactory.
    -Some important features like Rear Defogger & Rear Wash-wipe are missing in its top-end-Elegance variant.

The best bit about this car is the VFM quotient associated with it, as even its base variant features Rear AC vents & both Driver & front passenger Airbags are standard from its middle variant onwards.

My Verdict: This car is jack in most areas without excelling in any & its unacceptable in this segment now.
    Will buy Polo over it, if i've to go with 3-cyl one anyday.

Amongst most of the cars seen & TD-en in this price band(5-7 lacs), Ford Figo is one of the most enjoyable & best car in almost all aspects.

I'm having only 3-cars in my Wishlist now:
    -Ford Figo 1.4 Titanium.
    -Fiat Punto 1.3 MjD Emotion Pk.
    -MS All new Swift(yet to be launched).

Your suggestions are needed friends..
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

There have been 57 posts of our suggestions brother. :p

You are quite sold on the Figo. Guys here , me included, have voted for the Punto. So its your call now