1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hatchback Mess: In 6-7 lacs.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by drnpunto, May 2, 2011.

1. guys i did proper offroading in the car a week back..
    onlt that the engine guard got scrapped nothing much happened.
    it was a terrain meant for proper SUV's, even still conquered by my punto.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    very well said shashanknathani. Fingures crossed for my Ladakh Trip in my Punto :)
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    If anyone has taken the Valparai - Athirapally route, they will know what bad roads mean. My Linea scrapped few times, but that was just the guard plate. On that road, I wanted to see if Linea was the only affected sedan, well, other than mahindra jeep and wagonr, rest everybody had a scrape. I did not get to see any SUV, but hondas, fords, hyundais and other marutis, including Ritz were noticed.
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  4. drnpunto

drnpunto

MK-Ludhiana
    Are you sure of these FE figures !! as 26-28kmpl feels too much optimistic for such a heavy car.
    Regarding decision, most of the TFI-ians are preferring Punto 90HP over 75HP Emotion Pk, but can anyone tell, Does Punto 75 & 90HP differs in their Interiors or Interior quality also ?? as I've read somewhere that post Punto 90HP launch, all Puntos feature same quality dashboard & Interiors.
    Prime reason for asking this is that, I've already extended my budget for 75HP Emotion Pk over previously selected Emotion variant, can't stretch it further for 90HP one.

Seen below is the pic of Fiat Punto Emo Pk while I was checking it out in a TF Showroom
    udBEpl.jpg

Also read at another Auto forum that Fiat is planning to launch the Refreshed Punto with Linea-derived Beige-Black Interiors in upcoming 2-3months.
    Last edited: May 4, 2011
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    no idea about future launch. maybe worth a wait.

there are no difference between 90hp and 75hp interiors except fiat kept improving day by day...so by the time 90hp was launched the quality improvement was commendable. but nothing to worry i have seen old puntos and linea getting free replacements for flawed products if any.
    heavier a car means better momentum . if one learns how to rely on momentum and burn less fuel 28 kmpl is just nothing.. somebody had entered into limca book of records by achieving 46 kmpl with same vgt engine in india.
    though my figure of 28 kmpl is not a constant, as i am no way a sedate driver. but geek in me never refrain from experimenting.

attaching a pic just for a reference..thats my baby after first servicing .

aca 24.jpg
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    My responses in bold below:

Those figures are very achieveable. Check out the figures extracted by me over a 112kms drive from Chakan to Navi Mumbai with ACC on. The roads were a mix of Chakan MIDC & pune-mumbai expressway.

More details in the thread below:

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?34-Fiat-Grande-Punto-MJD-Emotion-Pk/page7

MID-1.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well that shows worthiness of fiat engines. it is by chance that we own fiat not for fuel efficiency but for sheer pleasure of owning it. so FE is not much subject of discussion to most of us owners
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow the FE you get is marvelous fir this Tank, Fiat should make it loud, Its the good way of Publicity, Atleast the Dealer can make it happen if not the Parent.
    Congrats Once again
  9. drnpunto

drnpunto

MK-Ludhiana
    Read at another Auto forum that Fiat is planning to launch the Refreshed Punto with Linea-derived Beige-Black Interiors in upcoming 2-3months.
    Even the same thought have struck into my mind when i was checking out Punto Emotion Pk last week in Showroom, as 4-days prior to it I've checked out Linea Emotion Pk.
    If Fiat introduces this, then this car can give serious competition to Polo, which is having almost similar Leaf-like twin tone design of the door trims.

How much this info is true ??
    Can anyone give sureshot details on this ?
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i like cozy dark interiors with simple interface . i feel alienated when i see those flashy multicoloured knobs,switches dials and displays. thank god punto is safe (and recently i saw interiors of mesarati ..wow )and i love it.
    biege is difficult to maintain and gives a brightened appeal to interiors especially when sun is high up.
    dark colours like black ,brown or wood finish et al are welcome .