1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hatchback Mess: In 6-7 lacs.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by drnpunto, May 2, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    ohhhh. thats why Punto 90hp is more powerful than the i20.

Ravi thank you so much for clarification & quick reply. Now I am dreaming to own Punto 90HP LOL
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes you're right.

But the driveability of a car is solely determined by torque. If we see the torque figures , the i20 is a fair bit ahead. 220Nm of torque at 1750 rpm as compared to 209Nm at 2000rpm by the Punto 90hp. More torque at lower rpms. Thats important - lower rpms. ( The whole powerband widens)

This will translate to better launches from a dead stop and aid in-gear-acceleration times. And of course, 6 speeds help to extract the best from the engine.

All said and done, the Punto 90hp E+ is still the car i'd go for. A better package at a lower price.

Gurjinder.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :eek:
    i20 has the worst in gear acceleration figures. Even Punto 1.2 petrol without turbo is miles ahead of i20 diesel in terms of in gear acceleration. Turbo lag in i20 is killing.

Check the 30-80kmph in 3rd gear figures or the 40-100kmph timings in 4th gear for i20 and Punto and you will realize how slow i20 is in terms of in gear acceleration.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @PaddleShifter

My bad. I took my theoretical knowledge about the i20 too far. Seems 0-100 is the only acceleration it excels at.

Gurjinder.
  5. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

To be honest...learned something new about i20 today ;). Thanks Yashik! :)
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hi Teky...little confused here..how come it is ultra silent inside ? Does the 90 BHP come with more noise dampening or is it because of the VGT ?
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    May be OT, I don't know what Fiat did but it's a direct comparison with my 75 HP. Lots of engine noise filters into the cabin. I'm not sure if it's anything to do with VGT, lessening the strain on the engine.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ohh well that's a new info for me. Even though I took test drive on the 90 BHP , I didn't notice it.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes I took Test drive of 75 HP & 90 HP Punto back to back for the same reason. 90HP is clear winner here. Noise cabin is too low. You cant heare that much engine ( like Fabia, Polo, Indica, 75 HP Punto, Micra, Logan etc) when car is in IDLE position. It is extremely silent diesel engine I ever seen in my life in inside the cabin as well as outside. Kudos to FIAT :)
  10. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Punto90 is the way forward - it is thebest car that is currently available