1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hatchback Mess: In 6-7 lacs.

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by drnpunto, May 2, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @PaddleShifter. I am talking about the on road price of all cars. I am also looking for Diesel Hatchback. I visited Hyudai Showroom on last weekend. I enquired about i i20 Magna Diesel & it costs around 7 lac on road in Pune, so I didnt asked that sales guy about the topend i20. Hyundai is not offering any dicount on i20.

Then I went to the Pandit Auto, Pune, enqiuired about 90 HP Punto & after deducting discount it costs around 7.21 lac on road. FIAT Punto 1.3 MJD 75HP costs around 6.79 lac on road in Pune after deducting discount.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Get the 90 HP if you can, The cabin is ultra silent compared to the 75 HP. The overall drive ability should be fine as well.

Regarding Fiat service it's always a mixed bag, However I've always had good experience. I think you'll need to know your car better to get a better service, You shouldn't worry about that now because you're in TFI now.

You can think about the i20 if you don't care a lot about handling and feedback. I think it ticks all the right boxes for a City dweller, Only when you become a bit enthusiastic you'll be let down.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

I think Punto 90HP is the way to go... Its the best of the lot. Do take a TD for I20 as well... I think you will like 90HP more... :)
    Buy the one you are most comfortable with after the test drives....
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

All the above said parameters are easily satisfied by the 90hp Punto.

I checked the prices ( Ludhiana Ex showroom) of 90hp Punto and i20CRDi Asta and the 90hp GP Emotion Pk is cheaper by 24,000 rupees . And the i20 CRDi Asta with "AVN" costs 75,000 more than GP 90hp Emotion Pk.

Most probably you can get some good discounts from the dealer and therefore you can easily get more for less.

Since you intend to keep the car for 5-7 years , so re-sale price should not be a worry for you at all.

My vote goes out to the 90hp Emotion Pk.

5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

All our team members have put up right thoughts.

my sincere advice- avoid, skoda and volkswagen. they are easy to buy, but spares will cost you a fortune. also they can break down anywhere without any clue.

on highways - Fiats rule.

90hp punto - u can call it a sports diesel. fun to drive coupled with perfect handling. it will give you immense confidence once you grap the steering.

i20 - good quality car with no character like punto. its just a sedate car. Fiat diesels are anytime better than hyundai or ford.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

I dont understand one thing. How FIAT is claiming Punto 90HP is most powerful Diesel Hatchback in INDIA, as i20 Diesel is more power than Punto 90HP. Below are the specifications.

i 20

1396cc, 90ps@4000, 220@1750rpm,

Punto 90HP

1248, 93hp@4000, 209@2000rpm.

I am bit confused. :confused:. Comments please guys.
  7. kedar
    its 90(i20) vs 93(punto)

but the torque as per your specs is higher in the i20 than in punto
  8. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Fiat Punto 1.3 Emo

When I was searching for my car, I had lot of options from the Hatchback segment taking into mind each and every brand. I test drove almost all of them and finally short listed the Ritz, i20 and the Swift.
    When I had that I will test drive these cars for the last time before finalizing one of them, I again got my eyes on the Punto since I knew that Fiat is known for its engine, ride quality and suspension. Out went the Ritz and Swift and the two choices I had were the Punto and the i20.
    Ride quality of the i20 is good and the interiors give a very good feel specially the blue lights, when I checked the overall performance and the service intervals plus the maintenance costs Punto won hands down as the service frequency is 15K kms compared to i20s 5K Kms.
    Diesel engine of Fiat need no introduction or promotion as many cars in India use Fiats Diesel engine. i20 diesel will cost you more than Fiat and diesel engine of i20 is not known for its peppiness and overall maintenance again is high.

I though have opted for Fiat Punto 1.4 Emo Pk, I would suggest you go for Diesel version considering your monthly usage. The last thing is it all depends on your mindset as many people have already decided on which car to purchase even after test driving many cars.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @srikaratluri i20 is 1396cc & Punto is 1248cc. There is difference in tarque also. Lots of confusion
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    kedarbendre, though bit OT, CC is not a measurement of power, neither is Torque. Powered is measured in HP (or PS) and Punto has it more.