1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hassles in buying Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by sundar1900, Mar 10, 2012.

1. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Fiat's pre sales service is so poor in Chennai. The Sales guys are not following us after our enquiry, which is very disappointing. I had to call several times to get a quote. Even when I visited the showroom the guys don't spend time with customers to explain features in the car. VST is somewhat better I feel. Even for toilet soap and tooth paste sales guys talk so much but why these guys dont consider a potential customer who is going to shell out close to 10 L ????
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Where did you visit? And had bad experience? Concorde? Did you tall with Raman? If you feel VST is better, that is surprising for me.
  3. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Raman is a nice guy but I couldn't meet him due to me living far from Guindy. I visited Ambattur Concorde as per Raman's suggession, but there was no new punto standing in the showroom. I went there on thursday just to show my wife the beauty. We disappointed as there was none but a TD vehicle which is a 2011 model and it didnt impress her due to its usage.

Anyways it didn't change our decision to buy punto, but VST prices were few thousands less and Mr. Raman said they may give inferior accessories. Is it true??? How to compare apples to apples?? I though I much better deal in Concorde. BTW since I go though my company loan process it may take 1 more week until they give the PO.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sundar, even if it is far try to stick with Guindy showroom. Afterall its one time experience. As I told you already, Concorde cannot match the price of VST. But still, they are genuine and majority of the buyers had good/great buying experience with Concorde. My advice - stick with Concorde and deal with Raman.
  5. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    I should meet him in person tomorrow. Let me know what are the accessories I should ask
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Sundar - Raman is good. I bought my car with him in guindy. If you are fine with Ambattur contact Sivakumar. He is excellent too.. Let know if you need help!!
  7. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Yesterday I spoke to Raman and he sent Sivakumar from Ambattur for a TD with a Emotion 76 HP MJD. I asked my cousin to drive first as he is more experienced in cars. Later on I too TDed but only for a short distance. I couldnt say anything from the TD. My cousin's overall comment was good. He owns Beat Diesel, he only felt Beat's steering was easy to turn as he used to rotate only with his finger. He said the punto's steering wheel is "tight" or hard to turn. I am OK with it. But any comment on this guys??

After the TD I wanted to check the voice clarity in Blue and me. We called my brother, we felt, in high volume the clarity is distorted, but I dont think high volume is not required as we were hearing well in medium volume itself. Then I filled up the feedback form. In total it was a nice expereince. After engaging in this forum i dont even feel like TD or enquire about other cars.
  8. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Sundar - the steering is not tight. It is FIAT's masterpiece. Any one who has driven an EPS (Electronic Power Steering) will find it different. However, the precision in this steering could not be matched by any EPS. You will get used to it in days. Do not worry!!
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Srini is absolutely right. Steering has to be tight and you should feel the roads better. This is what Fiat has engineered in its steering. Currently Fiat's steering is the best in India for cars below 10 lakhs.

Car is not a toy to operate in fingers, its another soul to be felt.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Better than many cars above 10L also.:)