1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Has TATA-FIAT collaboration been of any profit to FIAT?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar287, Jan 3, 2011.

?

Has TATA-FIAT collaboration been of any profit to FIAT?

1. Yes

11.8%
  2. No

88.2%
  1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes. If not for JV, Fiat wouldn't be existing here and I wouldn't be driving a Punto. Period.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Logistics, support and service may be OK, but I definitely don't like to see my car side by side a TATA logo vehicle in showroom. The premium I pay over a TATA vehicle is as much for the brand image as may be for better engineering on parts other than engine - which basically is same for the two brands. I can tell you that good many people have gone to VW camp for this very reason alone. It provides an upmarket feeling.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yeah, but I hate snob value shown just for the sake of snob value and no real value beneath it.
    With that you end up burning holes your pockets :wink:
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Snob value is not built in a day or without reason.

There is a reason informed people buy FIAT and not TATA. Good marketers can build value around this.
  5. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I think "Snob value", are not the right words. I was referring to "brand image". A brand signifies quality and that is what the premium is for. If a Vista and a Punto is in the same showroom, why would prospective customers buy Punto when they feel they are getting the same package much cheaper in Vista? Afterall, money is not so easily parted with unless there is some real value apparent in the premium.

I would like to see if Tata itself sells Jaguar and Land Rover in the same showrooms alongside Vista, Manza and Nano?
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Fiat has gained but not to the desired level.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes we are on the same side :drinks
  8. vinz

vinz

IXE
    TATA center doesnt even bother to do sales for FIAT in the first place at least in my city people just go and pick the model on their own to buy like me.Then forget about after sales service. FIAT needs its own network to do better sales. i feel sorry to see the sales of FIAT in india it doesnt even reach 5 figures in a year. :evil: