1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Has TATA-FIAT collaboration been of any profit to FIAT?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar287, Jan 3, 2011.

?

Has TATA-FIAT collaboration been of any profit to FIAT?

1. Yes

11.8%
  2. No

88.2%
  1. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    Hello Everybody,
    I went through the tata site for details on Manza and came across a feature called Blue5 which on research found that it is a derivative of Fiat's Blue&me. Tata Also uses the 1.3MJD. Plus They have been giving crappy service for fiat owners though it has been improved according to some owners but it has already ruined the image of FIAT in India so much that many are still buying honda city over fiat linea t jet. Differences are not hidden. Everybody knows that honda city is zero on equipment in front of linea t jet and looks are much better than city(personal opinion though). The Ultimate Question Is :-
    Has TATA-FIAT collaboration been of any profit to FIAT ? :?:
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Blue5 isn't Blue&Me.
    Blue5 is just a normal bluetooth present in many other cars as well. e.g. i10, Figo etc. Blue5 has a keypad as well as an extra feature over Figo/i10.

Fiat's Blue&Me has many extra features on the other hand. Its a different platform altogether.
    There is a Blue&Me box in the glove box of Fiat Punto/Linea/T-JET. It has the Microsoft Blue&Me operating system which has the following capabilities:

- Microsoft Blue&Me with voice interaction. You can dictate a number and the car will dial for you after repeating the number for you. You can also just say "Call XYZ" and it will call that person in your phonebook.
    - Windows Media Player for playing music via Blue&Me USB port
    - SMS Reader- Car can read SMS
    - Voice commands for Media player control
    - Dedicated onboard storage memory for storing incoming SMS and saving your phonebook index in its own memory
    - Steering mounted Audio and Blue&Me controls with Microsoft button for voice commands.
    - Ecodrive system. Have a look at Ecodrive. Even a Rs20 lacs Skoda superb can't offer this feature.
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1417

Regarding service:
    TATA infact has same service for TATA cars as well. TATA cars do not get better service as compared to FIAT (my personal experience at TATA service center.
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Fiat needed a 51% share holder in India as an Indian partner by law. Apart from it Fiat Turin is to blame for any blunder. Also the model politics of Fiat is rather poor not giving Fiat the chance it needs. As long as Fiat Turin does not sort out its act Fiat India will have a lot of extra work to do to sort out the issues.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks drifter,

that was truly enlightening and as suspected.

in india when every other car manufacturer is booming with the sale it is only tata-fiat which seems to struggle like snail .we kept blaming poor tata.

my own experience with previous tata car in service centre was much better and predictable than my present fiat car which remains doubtful and almost hopeless.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Certainly, Fiat and its customers both have benefited from the JV. If there was no JV we would not have see the growth the FIAT has seen since the JV. But TATA might have benefited more than the FIAT.

The last few months poor sales need to be checked. FIAT equally to be held responsible for not showing the expected growth. Fiat is not bringing the models at appropriate time, not doing proper marketing gimmicks or at least publishing all the existing features.

Accenture team is expert, need to see how they fix this one
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I can understand and accept Tata doing the sales and service support for Fiat, but what I don't understand is why Tata have to do the marketing and promotion as well. Why can't the marketing and promotion be handled directly by Fiat? :irked
  7. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Its always Tata Getting benefits.
    Linea Vs Manza same engine (Both petrol & diesel)- which makes manza more sales.
    Punto vs vista same engine - obviously vista leads here.
    If tjet engine is manufactured here then surely it will go into manza and siblings .Atleast fiat must think of this not manufacturing here.
    What ever technology Fiat brings is put inside tata cars.even the stylish designs also.THey call it as JV ,but i dont see from tata any help is provided to fiat atleast sell or service fiat cars properly.But tata gets all techy things from fiat also inter competitions are gng on.
    I accept JV means 50- 50 but i dont see that .
    WHen i brought my car who ever comes near linea sees the price tag then sees manza gets hyped and books it.
    Another major complaint that its 1L tata Cars to 10k Fiat cars in service and sales .Obviously the dealers will have mentality to promote Tata bcoz they get more benefits.
    hope fiat sees new strategy to promote seperately.
  8. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    Thanks everybody for ypur replies....
    BTW I don't know much about Blue5 but I have full info on Blue&me but Autocar india says that Blue5 is a derivative of Blue&me.
    Thanks everyone for the replies! It is really helpful for me to understand the JV between the two automakers.... Thanks again!!!
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Agree with Peter regarding Turin. According to latest news, problems with unions in Turin and Fiat management have been sorted and now the management is likely to focus on product management.

The less said about auto magazines expertise on Fiat car, the better it is. Auto journalism in India is not a unbiased, true to details thing anymore. It is for sale to the manufacturer providing maximum fleet to the magazine staff.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I voted for 'Yes'.

Problems are plenty for Fiat. The numbers are dwindling for Fiat. All said and done, it is because of this JV, Fiat could stand firmly in its latest avatar in India. In fact, Fiat has JV with leading companies in other countries [like Turkey, China] too. Thanks to the JV, our Fiat cars get serviced at low cost compared to other brands. I find a lot of improvement in the after-sales-service front. I do hope to see the same improvement in the marketing/production too in the coming years.