1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Has Autocar Show Team Gone Crazy???????

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar287, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Don't Know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Further nail in the coffin of auto journos. Copy paste seems to be the in-thing without wasting brains.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

They are just crazY!!! They might have taken "GHOOS" frm Honda!! :D Hehe!!
  5. arey yaar. leve this . there is no point now.we all know all the magazines are bribed by various companies except fiat. if you pit this punto and vista they would say vista is the clear winner except handling and some people like sirish chandran also claiming styling and performance of the same engine on vista is much better than that of punto...
    that is the way these companies run. the best show to watch is this Car and bike show hosted by siddharh who gives true reviews or TV9 telugu who copies every thing from C&B including the video and the presenting style.. and claims to his own with his wierd english
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Ya Siddharth does give comments which makes sense. Others are just Crazy!
  7. R Alavandar

R Alavandar

ha..ha..ha..After the onslaught of Vento, City is loosing ground and they even started slashing prices. Herd mentality prevails on the Indian market and false myths are taking the place of hard facts. And media pujaris feed the sentiments in order to keep up the sagging figures of City. Fiat is for men who think with their head and take hard decisions. That shows in its steady sales figures despite the (plain) Etios and Vento effect. Let us see the Verna effect now.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  8. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Guys how can you all say that the tv program shows negatives about Fiat. Its their job to raise someone and nail someone. On the other hand if a company like Fiat is doing business in India they should have a plan for all their fields i.e. for models, for production, for marketting, for ads, for brand-making, followed by sales, services and updates. Fiat has done nothing for brand-building, nothing for ads and marketting, and even more they did nothing to impress or pursue these autoshows/automags to their side. Its a world where everyone is for money and business. Yahan dil kum aur dimaag zyada chalana padta hai. How can the hosts of these programs show those features to public when even the Fiat guys in the showroooms are not aware about those features. How can you expect public to buy your car when Fiat hasn't build a brand-image for itself. All of us know zozo, theme song of Docomo, Taste the thunder, two hands up in air is MRF, etc. This is called building up your brand. Why cant Fiat bring in their Italian link to their ads as Honda, Hyundai do ? Why didnt Fiat launch Linea- TJet in smaller centres who still have 90hp linea which lacks punch ? Apart from the 6 metros that we have, there are about 20 other cities which if given Tjets to sell will show up good numbers. If a person wants to spend 10Lakh in a city say Lucknow, He cant buy a Tjet from Fiat and he doesnt want 90hp Linea so he goes to buy a Vento or City. This is where the number makes a difference and Fiat is not able to meet its sales target. ALL MODELS WITH ALL VARIENTS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE PAN INDIA giving customer a choice of what he/she wants. Ask around people and see how many of them know that there is a car with turbo-charged petrol engine in 11lakhs. I am sure many would be unaware. Omitting GP and Linea from the tests might also be due to the fact that Fiat might not have provided a car for the test. Taking the latest example, in Liva's review everywhere i saw its comp. with I10, I20, Ritz, Figo, Swift, Beat and even Jazz but Punto nowhere to be seen. And personally i dont like the word Punto, Indians like the word which are relatively easy and words which sounds good. See others have very simple and catchy words, City, Beat, Jazz, Swift, Polo, these are words that we often use even when we arent talking of cars. If given the power i wud love to rename Linea to Flash and Punto to Deluxe.
    Sales and marketing policies of Fiat needs to be changed else the day is not far when(saying it with a heavy heart) we would be the last generations to own a Fiat in India.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

marvin, you raise some really valid points. ::pP

We know that Fiat is starting its brand building process with Cafes in Pune and New Delhi, but I feel that alone is insufficient. They need to make sustained campaign on different media for a long time to make any difference.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

FIAT Flash & FIAT Deluxe!

Dude, you just made my day, Thanks!

Hey , here's a tagline for the T-jet : FIAT Flash T-Jet. Gone in a flash!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.