1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Has Autocar Show Team Gone Crazy???????

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar287, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Don't Know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, infact VW has the strongest Ad campaign in India. They have a small AD for each feature of the Passat. And why give ADs for the Polo or Vento or even Jetta. Passat ADs are sufficient to pull crowd to the dealerships for polo, vento, jetta as well.

Sri, 2 small corrections. A+ segment is way below Punto's segment. A+ segment is the segment of basic hatchbacks.

When a car has knee and face level rear AC vents, it useless to provide foot level vents for a country like India. Knee and face level rear AC vents are far superior and foot level vents are nothing in comparison to the former.
    Last edited: May 21, 2011
  2. Mr.MOD aka paddle shifter i was comparing thwm to to those big cars and not those hatchbacks. please edit my psot
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Yashik bhai , the feel of removing your footwear and feeling the cool air( thats what i do:p) is second to none. It adds miles to the comfort level. I would always prefer foot level vents along with knee level at the rear.

4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hahaha, I had written exactly similar lines on the other forum back in August. Being a Punto owner, thats the only thing I justify rear AC vents with whenever someone questioned the use of rear AC vents in tropical countries like India.

But, to say that Punto offers foot level vents while accord or superb give only knee and face level vents is not correct IMO. I would like to have foot as well as knee vents and i have to get one, then i will prefer knee level only.

Edit- Here is something I wrote back in September 2010. :p
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

They are REALLYYYYYYYYY crazy!! they have not added linea t-jet in their road test of autocar june 2011. where vento,verna and city are battling.

IDIOTS!:mad::thumbs down
  6. ajit_nair_77

Well if you feel Autocar show was biased, well have a look @ NDTV CnB show

The initial feature is all about Hyundai's verna, after that there is shoot out between Verna, Honda, SX4, Vento but guess what no Linea. There is mention about Linea while comparison but then there is a comment which states that in terms of sales the above mentioned cars are miles ahead and hence no linea for comparison. Well in that case you will say Auto car attempt is still better :D.
    I was shocked at the comparison was shown this Saturday.
    Mods: If you feel that the show in its full form is not good please remove the link.
  7. I too felt the same after watching CNB show, though i like the show for SVP's unbiased reporting.
    Low sales numbers doesn't mean that the car is not worth comparing.

Show for the masses :(
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Yes, Linea did not feature in the C&B shoot out, but this is what SVP had to say: All of you must be wondering why Linea is not here, well, we could not include Linea in the test. It is the most beautiful looking car and its absence does make the shoot out a bit incomplete but the one's we have here are the market leaders. So yes, Linea T-Jet is a worthy contender but we could not have it here for the shoot out."

Bottom line is, if Fiat is not bothered about their image resurrection, why should the media even think about bothering!
  9. this thing i found in WhatCar may issue..
    the driver wanted a car for highway trips and liked the punto
    his options were i20,polo and punto.. the reply was if you like it get the punto. it has better ride and is an able car compared to both the others..
    this is something called unbiased and true review i guess. had this been autocar they would have said buy an alto or a swift or polo. punto has many issues. dont buy it

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.