1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Has Autocar Show Team Gone Crazy???????

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar287, Feb 16, 2011.

?

HAS AUTOCAR SHOW TEAM GONE CRAZY????

1. Yes

63.9%
  2. No

29.9%
  3. Don't Know

6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    My Linea does 0-100Kmph in about 11.5 Secs now. Definitely the stock car wont take extra 6 longs seconds to reach 100Kmph. I think they do that knowingly as Skoda,VW,Hyundai,Honda pay more money so say there car is better than the Linea and on the other hand Fiat might have said, "we are not gonna pay a single paisa" so! :D hehe!!
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Guys, I think it also points that other automakers may print misguiding data. What is the guarantee that alto k10 does 0-100 in 13 sec?? I have not tried it but one can imagine the speedo error in the equation because of 13 inch tires. That's just my view but i have to check whether a few of the cars are as fast as their manufacturer claims?:redcar
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yeah indeed the alto k10 does it under 13 seconds. the power : weight ratio is almost similar to a honda city. its a superlight car and has a powerful engine.
  4. How did you test it?
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I do have a Garmin GPS system :) Asked my dad to sit next to me and start the stop clock and stop it when it reaches 100 or above. Because it doesnt show exactly 100kmph, it'll be 103kmph o something like that..
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's interesting. That's right in the Verna/Vento territory. May you also share what was your ODO reading at that time.
    Did it equally quick when brand new? Any modification like Tuning box etc.?
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I think that it's true the otherway round.
    I remember AUTOCAR giving LINEA the car of the year award in 2009,when the car was launched only in 2010.One might say that the homologation process was over in 2009 so Linea is eligible,but Xylo was not considered for the same reason,even thought it had also completed homologation process in 2009 and launched in 2010,just like Linea.
    So,it was a clear case bias towards Linea,they wanted to give the award by any means.
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I do have a race-chip tuning box set at 3,6 settings. My ODO was around 18000Kms. When it was brand new, it was very slow. The MJD opens up only after 5000Kms. U gotta wait till then.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

A slightly different view on this. My Punto 90HP has completed around 10500 Kms. Since last 3-4 days, i think engine is sounding way better, more like sweet. Earlier the sound was more like it's restricted to revs & clutters but it feels very easy now.As per my observation, It's 10000 Kms when the MJD starts smoothing out. Better acceleration (may be 1-2%) is barely noticeable or may be just an illusion as engine sound has improved. On International FIAT forums, i have read quite a few guys mentioning that MJD ECU's are tuned to give 80-85% only for first 10000 Kms for effective run-in. That looks to be true for NVH though but i am doubtful for the power (15% is too obvious). Tried googling it & looked in manual too but never found any official statement. Power may improve when Filter/oil will be changed at 2nd service but I doubt Filters could choke out 15% of engine's performance.

But hey, one thing is sure. Since most of these auto magazines review brand new cars, why don't these Jjournalists (News readers) test drive a Punto/Linea with at least 15000 Kms on ODO. It might help their decision as engine becomes very easy & smooth after run-in. Still i wonder if FIAT will ever be "dear" to these auto journalists cum news readers. Doesn't matter even if they fit 2 ltr Multijet-2 in Punto, it's no competition for a SWIFT/LIVA/i20:A. They associate already fragile new Swift's light weight (adding even more plastic) with agility. Never forget to kudo-ing Maruti for opting the policy of Hyper-car makers::OO who trim the weights of their future launches for better performance like Ferrari & Mclaren.
  10. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I think Autocar India has gone "MAD"! :mad: Why on earth can't they include Linea MJD when they compare "sunny" with the Rapid which is a segment below! Sunny belongs to Manza, Dezire, et all. Just Sunny is as long as 4425mm, they compare it with the Rapid???

If that's the case, Linea MJD should be compared with Corolla Altis 90ps diesel! Linea is actually a segment above in all other foreign markets except here in India! What on earth is ACI thinking??? Atleast they should let people know in what segment Linea MJD belongs!!!
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.