1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Has Autocar Show Team Gone Crazy???????

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar287, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Don't Know

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

Just think of their tension. Every week they have to come with new episodes. So they will make an episode by praising a car when it is launched.
    Then it will continue with each car available in market. Then comes the pair-wise comparisons. Then comes the segment choice. By the time viewers will forget about what they
    have said earlier. By this time the best selling cars will be their choice. Then comes the expos and car awards. Now the next cycle will begin.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The magazines names are big but still the reviewers are typical Indians who can speak fluent English, that's it. Mass is still unaware so every Donkey is trying to be a horse. They got a nice job & just learn script with tongue days ahead of the shoot. Obviously they know to drive cars & sits where a driver sits. I hardly see anyone being passionate about his/her auto-journalism. They sound more like typical news readers:thumbs down.

The Car reviews on Aaj Tak's channel are worst & i happened to see one accidentally.

Yeh hai Nissan 370 Z (This is Nissan 370 Z), Duniya ki sabse tej raftaar car (the fastest car in the world), 0-kmph se 100-kmph jaati hai 5 second mein (It goes 0-100 in 5 secs::OO). With lots of echoes of the same line in the background). Then starts the repeated thunder with a Photo of Nissan 370 Z:A. Obviously very next second i had to change the channel.

Why doesn't Aaj-tak go to hell in their Nissan 370Z!!
    Why can't all these 3rd grade auto-journalists take their pay check & stop Indian auto-community enlightening on Chinese vehicles & their renaissance? Hope-less!!
    1 person likes this.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Anyone has got the Feb issue of the Autocar magazine?? They say, Linea does 0-100 in 17.15 Secs!!!!!!!! I say either they are blind or i'm! :p
  4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I bought the Feb edition of Autocar and took a look.

As opposed to what is mentioned in this thread Fiat is mentioned in 150 Autocar Top 0-100 timings
    1. Fiat Adventure (page 67)
    2. Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport (page 68)
    3. Fiat Linea TJet (page 69)

Also, Fiat figures in the top 150 exclusive scoops by Autocar.

As far as Autocar car of the year awards are concerned, they are only for newly launched cars/bikes. If there were no new launches or upgrades in 2011 on Fiat cars, how can they feature in the list?

Relativity, please correct me if I am wrong.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

@Speedjet- Ya that is true, but refer to page 296 and checkout the tech specs of Linea they have given.
  7. sungoa2010

These shows has a cycle.
    1. Praising/criticism
    2. comparisons
    3. Find Out segment leader(usually they bring all cars together and will call them a test drive)
    4. Auto expos
    5. Awards
    6. To fill the gap between the next launch they will have all nonsense comparisons. orenge become lemon, lemon become orange, peanut they call as pista etc etc etc.
    More funny thing will be the Question and answer(permutation and combinations)
    By this time new models will come and the cycles continue
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The question comes.. if you were in place of autocar team what will you do?..keep saying fiat has this ,punto has that ,linea has those ?

well all those ,they had been grinding since last 4 years and there was no upgrade..people might have got it by-heart who ever regularly watch .
    and if somebody is paying you to promote their product you can definitely highlight some goodies. is it wrong by any sense.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Jayadev, I guess you are missing the point. All these auto shows/magazines have a responsibility to be objective when passing judgements. That objectivity is what is missing. I agree that with 0.87% market share, Fiat is not something that would find exclusive mentions. However, the fact is that there is a large number of owners of Fiat vehicles and I would say 80-90% of those owners come in the "very satisfied" category. That must count for something when a auto magazine/show goes on to compare cars from different manufacturers. What hurts more is that the media with power to influence peddling information (like zee business, aaj tak, auto car, overdrive) with such a spin that it is bound to negatively influence decision making of a prospective buyer when it come to Fiat.

As per your question above, well, I guess you need to read the "what car" section and decide for yourself.
  10. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Yes! I too doubt that! I think, they need something or the other to be one of the few drawbacks of Linea MJD!
    Just wonder if they printed it as around 13-14sec, and definitely most people won't call MJD as a slow poke! When i did the TD, i definitely felt it much faster than my 2009 MJD! :confused
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.