1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Has Autocar Show Team Gone Crazy???????

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by prakhar287, Feb 16, 2011.

?

HAS AUTOCAR SHOW TEAM GONE CRAZY????

1. Yes

63.9%
  2. No

29.9%
  3. Don't Know

6.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    Hello Everyone...
    I was having a doubt that the autocar show team has gone crazy??? :confused
    I just watched a video on Youtube where they were comparing vento, city and The Linea T-Jet. They got most part right except which i doubt is that City has built-in Bluetooth(Please confirm). They got there facts right even though the did not even consider features like Blue&Me, automatic climate control, etc. And blindly gave there "heart" to honda city. I mean how can you give your opinion without even considering these features. Linea has features that can put even a higher segment car to shame. And as i remember that Autocar Magazine's gave T-Jet the highest points in their comparison. I don't understand Does autocar india choose best according to the brand value or They think that Indian are fools to believe anything they throw at them.
    So Whats your opinion
    HAS AUTOCAR SHOW TEAM GONE CRAZY????
    Please post Reason of your ANSWER...
    Thank You!!!
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not just Autocar but every other car magazine and TV show on cars has the same policy only.
    If you see the annual hatchback comparo of Overdrive this year, you'll know what I mean. It all depends upon the reviewer. This year it was done by Bertrand D'Souza and the results and comments were what I expected from a pig like him. Don't know why Overdrive does not throw him out for being bias.
    Sirish on the other hand is "relatively" more neutral.
    Only good thing about that is perhaps Shreen Bhan as she does not talk about cars.

Coming back to Autocar, they aren't alone. I was watching this "Wheelocity" a few months back. The girl was comparing Honda City with Linea and said that "As far as Linea is concerned, this is a very basic car and does not offer you too many features". :shocked
    I wish I had a 3D TV, would have "virtually" snapped her neck. :punch :lol:
    2 people like this.
  3. I too was shocked to see the AutoCar show last week. Was watching with so much interest where Renuka Kripalani (presentor) was talking high about Linea on all parameters. But the final verdict was in favour of the City.

Strange, their verdict in print media and electronic media were contradictory !
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    All thses shows are just a gimmick. In the end, they only say or tell, what the people wanna listen. Hence they generally go for the best selling car and our people buy them with closed eyes.
  5. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    I am just commentiong on the show as I am watching it, the first thing she says bout the City and TJet, "City is still the most sylish looking car with its arrow form" . Are you kidding . Who here believes City looks better than Linea.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    M***** F****** B****. Let me summarize the full show. The Linea wins 90-95% of comparisons with all the car, but surprise surprise, City is the one that wins here Heart. Ridiculous to say the least.
  8. aroon25

aroon25 Timido

Chennai
    Hi Paddleshifter I would like add to your point
    some time ago Auto car india had a comparo on diesel shout out, see their graphics and the link to youtube ,

http://www.youtube.com/autocarindia1#p/u/65/LWNePXO8caA

and one more ....
    http://www.youtube.com/user/odmag#p/a/u/2/GE3LDPCWUyQ

Fiat GP is left out..

If one compares time around a track, as in TOP GEAR GP and Linea will be in top three in their respective segments ...

We all know that Suspension setup in Fiats are great !

Here is a comparo on fifth gear ( UK )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpzMOlStcSE

Fiat's PR should get proactive !!!!

it says.. Linea 1.2 86BHP and 20.7 KGM of torque

diesel shout out error.JPG
  9. prakhar287

prakhar287

Pilibhit
    thanks everyone for the reply. It only conclusion i can get it that these 'reviews' are just a way to fool people and earn money. They dont even care what they are speaking. They all are hungry for money and nothing else.
  10. +1 to Prakhar. I too saw that comparison very late. That time she was talking about the ride and handling etc. In the end she said as per her, City wins heart!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.