1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Harvard's biggest international donation, from Tata

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We are proud of Tata and Mahindra ::T -
  2. Surely it is something to be proud of; but it also makes one wonder why they never donated anything of that magnitude to any Indian university or research institute.

I heard someone telling that they have research projects running there, hence the donation.
  3. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Whatever the reason may be but to Donate( $50 million ) requires a Big Heart ! & its only possible with Tatas !! Hats off to ur Generosity !!!

Atul
  4. Agreed. Now I am feeling little :oops: that I commented like that, because of the fact that I work for the same company.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is one of the biggest gainer from Tatas.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Indian institute of science also got it's existence origin from TATA. See the below link Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
    Contribution of tata family in the growth of India after independence is unparallelled. In terms of charity and business ethics it is also Tatas on top. TIFR and IISC are now government institutes and it is the greatness of TATA behind it. There is no connection between TATA and TIFR now still they respect the employees of TIFR. Once one scientist told me that they get discount when buy any product that is from TATA companies(apparel to cars). This is not for any publicity but because of their great heritage. JRD also had a very good relation between Homi Baba, the man behind India's Nuclear programs. One should actually read the JRD's autobiography and will have a great respect for the brand.
    1 person likes this.