1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Harsher punishment for traffic offences likely

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by ramjn, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

One of my friend is a cop (Sub Inspector). I call him Tommy.
    You show him Rs.50 & his tail is up with tongue hanging outside.
    Though he is one of my oldest & best of friends, i hate his profession.
    This will make the situation horrible for corruption in Police state.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Threads merged. Please search once before you post a new thread. Thanks.
  4. Prashanth

Prashanth

Bangalore
    I feel Atleast Bribe will be high! So Aam Admi Cannot escape.. Fine or Bribe!
    In fear of Voilations there is More Jam at least here in Bangalore!
    That is India! No Roads but always rules!
    As FIATian I am Afraid I should not cross 60kmphen in Empty Road:eek:
  5. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

as we can see that , Using Mobile also Offence/illegal , Even Handfree too , Then why Car company comes with Bluetooth function ??
    Anyways , This is welcome changes , who try to Break a LAW !!
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  6. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Apologies, did searched it but don't know how did i missed the existing one.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  7. This should read it as "Pay hike for traffic police" :up. I wish we have a method to make it work as expected. I just came back from a month long US visit and I envy how people follow traffic rules. The way the car is stopped at the stop sign, pedestrians given high priority, a car will stop and make you pass. I did not hear a single horn in my month long trip. I was charged Rs. 500 for jumping signal. I paid the fine and too receipt, went to office and checked the traffic police website to check the fine and code I charged against. At a jam packed signed, I was charged for "rash driving". My car left mid-way though I crossed the signal at green light. I took all relevant print outs and went out to check with the cop. The cop literally ran away seeing me and gave false excuses. The other cop asked me to go the station and lodge the complaint. I actually had a call with ACP and lodged written complaint by visiting office. I never got a call with status and like most of the people, I gave up.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  8. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    How about a huge fine for jaywalking? Or fining govt officials who allow people to sell/sleep/live on footpaths? That should ensure that accidents are reduced.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Getting India in the state of other European Countries is next to Impossible.
    I am in Kuwiat, Here no one dare cut the lane without giving signal, not only that, Atleast the signal should be given in advance to make the other cars realize that you are cutting the lane,
    No Honking at all, All signal are given using flash lights and Hazard Light.
    The Govt of Kuwait makes sure that the Traffic cop reaches to your accident spot in less than 7 minutes, And its never delayed..They are just patrolling the city to and fro..., Each cop has only 1 car the Car Number is same to the Cops Badge No. If caught you just remember the Car Number of the Cop thats it, (The salary of Traffic Cop is more than KD.:3000.000 for the beginners i.e 1 KD = 177.00 IRS), so no one takes the bribe, I have seen many cops while in the sandwich shop and the juice center then never take back the coins after paying the bill.
    The following cars are driven by the Cops, Ford Crown Victoria, Nissan Xtrail, BMW 320i, Dodge charger, GMC Yukon,
    When i am in Bombay i try to drive the same way as in Kuwiat, But the Bombay guys force me to be like them or else i am not on the streets.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

Getting India in the state of other European / Gulf Countries is next to Impossible.
    I am in Kuwiat, Here no one dare cut the lane without giving signal, not only that, Atleast the signal should be given in advance to make the other cars realize that you are cutting the lane,
    No Honking at all, All signal are given using flash lights and Hazard Light.
    The Govt of Kuwait makes sure that the Traffic cop reaches to your accident spot in less than 7 minutes, And its never delayed..They are just patrolling the city to and fro..., Each cop has only 1 car the Car Number is same to the Cops Badge No. If caught you just remember the Car Number of the Cop thats it, (The salary of Traffic Cop is more than KD.:3000.000 for the beginners i.e 1 KD = 177.00 IRS), so no one takes the bribe, I have seen many cops while in the sandwich shop and the juice center then never take back the coins after paying the bill.
    The following cars are driven by the Cops, Ford Crown Victoria, Nissan Xtrail, BMW 320i, Dodge charger, GMC Yukon,
    When i am in Bombay i try to drive the same way as in Kuwiat, But the Bombay guys force me to be like them or else i am not on the streets.:A
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    There are major flaws in this amendment to increase fines. The government should have made these amendments AFTER:

- They clear up the messy RTO's , train them to first test applicant's properly before issuing licences. Everywhere in the world it takes upto 2 year's to get a licence. Here, it probably takes just a phone call!

- They have given us properly designed & maintained roads with adequate parking. Where is the infrastructure today? Does the government even know about something called designing safe roads to automatcially minimise accidents? It has happened in Sweden. How about starting off with proper sign's on the roads so people don't have to get confused about where they are going. I have lived in Mumbai for over 20 year's and even today if I have to drive to a new place I get lost. Compare that to Europe & Canada, where I was a new comer to the country and never had to spend even one minute searching for the address!

- What about the double parked taxi's and auto's waiting to be hired? when they are not double parked they are crawling on the road looking out for passenger's holding up traffic and creating a major jam. Will the cops prosecute them for dangerous driving? Which other country of the world do you see empty taxi's roaming the street's looking for passengers? Imagine the traffic that can be taken out of the roads if only those taxi's are on the road that are hired.

- The biggest fault lies with the term 'dangerous driving' & 'over-speeding'. What is dangerous driving? It is upto the cop to decide if you are driving dangerously! As for over-speeding, it is pre-decided that if you are in a car you were over-speeding even if your car was parked and a pedestrian walked into it hitting himself!

- Lastly, the media needs to be kicked on their backside. Every time there is an accident to be reported news appear's jump the gun & sensationalize everything by saying 'Car mows down pedestrian' as if the car driver was out wanting to kill someone! Another report say's 'truck rams into motorcycle, driver dead.' Again, it's as if the truck was out to kiill. And then we have these on-looker's who suddenly appear out of thin air & authoritatively talk about how the car was over-speeding and that the driver was drunk.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
    2 people like this.