1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hard to shift 3rd gear

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Manoj Kumar, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Manoj Kumar

Manoj Kumar Timido

Trivandrum
    Need expertise to look after my cars gear shifting..... While shifting to 3rd gear in my linea 2010 emtn pk its a bit harder when i used to shift it to 2nd to 3rd and again same thing happens in the reverse process shifting from 4th-3....Clutch pedal is also seems to be hard. Clutch pumb has been replaced in extended warranty on 55000km. Now its being 68,000km. Need advice.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Most likely, your master cylinder is gone again. get it checked.
  3. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Fiat Lover, if the master cylinder has a problem, wouldn't it affect all the gears and not the third one only? Can you please elaborate?
  4. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Gear cable going dry could be a reson. I had this issue in Linea. TASS wanted to change clutch kit :) However lubrication of gear cables solved the problem.
  5. Manoj Kumar

Manoj Kumar Timido

Trivandrum
    Thanks for your help and advice .... tomorrow I am going again to the dealer and will ask about the above mentioned advise. I will be back and keep updated.

"TASS wanted to change clutch kit".... may be when I asked the adviser abt this last time , he told me tt " may be its time to change the clutch- it may cost apprx abt 10,000 INR. and wont be covered under xtra warranty. :( Will be keep updating abt this issue pls keep in touch....
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I had the same issue once and it got worse gradually and had to apply too much force to shift gears especially to 2 & 3. Finally, the MC failed completely and had to replace it. Another indication is a very faint metallic sound when releasing clutch, intermittently.

I think depending on your driving habits, it may fail on day one or may be prolonged for sometime, before it completely gives up.
    1 person likes this.
  7. amolraut

amolraut Timido

Mumbai
    Hi !
    I am facing same issue .
    what resolved your problem ?

Thanks & regards ,
    Amol