1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hard Steering problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by varin11, Jan 8, 2011.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yeah this is true. i had a chat with the warranty guy with fiat in rajkot he said the same. he said fiat very particular when getting a replacement claim. they ask a lot of question and inspect thoroughly, but once convinced they are very good. he said tata is really bad and have lots of problems in their cars.
  2. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    Thanks, Varin for the feedback !! will check with TASS
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    FIat and Tata is a JV in India. So the approval comes from Fiat india Ltd and it involves tata also since JV
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I got the CSC changed under extended warranty from Bharati auto an the hardness in the steering is almost gone. May be the faulty CSC was effecting he engine RPM.
  5. gp_yash

gp_yash

Bangalore
    By CSC you mean the Clutch Slave cylinder? Fiat actually recalled many pre 2009 Sep Cars to replace CSC as it was faulty. But i do not see how CSC replaced can help a hard steering?
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Hard Steering could be a prolem with many combinations - Tyre condition; Tyre Pressure; Alignment settings; Any one of the lower arms getting weaker or their bushes worning out. The struts are usually stronger and does not get damaged that much easily. The ball joint where which connects the arms to the strut could also be a culprit. Check and clear one by one to get rid of this annoyance. By the way did you upsize your tyre?
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    CSV does not contribute in any way to steering hardness.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Nop. Faulty CSC not CSV effect the overall clutch performance which effects the engine RPM and thus may lead to other issues. My Steering hardness was completely gone after changing the CSV.even other members experienced th same.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  9. I recently had hard steering issue and the same was rectified by the TASS with 2 Mounting Bush!, now the steering has become more responsive and less vibration. Check with your respective SA in TASS for Mounting Bush for Steering...
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My problem is resolved with change of rack under extended warranty and mow the steering is smooth.

magnanim What is mounting bush. Do u mean elastic pads.