1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hard Steering problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by varin11, Jan 8, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Then it is only due to faulty HPS pump OR Steering Rack.

But if there is no any leakege then it is difficult to prove that HPS pump/Rack is faulty.

I fear that dealer will not agree your claim. TATA people are famous for exployting FIAT owners.

Two more possibility. Check the ball joints & Tie Rod ends.

Check Air Pressure. Sometimes due to faulty air pressure station we inflate wrong figure.

Avoid Electronic guage. Go at tyrewala at nukkad.
    As per my experience,Needle guage is more accurate than electronic.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Ball joints and tie rod was checked and lubricated while full suspension check.
  3. amit9099

amit9099

Pune
    Even i have been facing the same problem with the steering in my punto from the past 6 months. I have been dealing with the TASS since 6 months. Every time they claim to have done the replacements and subsequent checks of parts such as pump, rack, pads but to no resolution of the issue.

Each and every time they claim that the steering is perfect and say that the steering in the punto is hydraulic one, which is harder than other cars. Also their focus is on sending the car back to me on the pretext of shortage of spares, parking space etc.

To be frank, I am very disappointed with the quality of service shown by TATA for FIAT owners. Members who have been through such service issues, please guide us on taking up the issue with FIAT INDIA and also share relevant contacts.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Every dealer would show little resistance in changing major parts.Can u let me knw how the dealer chkd the pump because it involves procedure of 3-4 days. They have to send the pump and rack to the vendor for checking after getting approval from FIAT(as told be bharti Auto In mumbai).After changing Power Steering fuel I feel the steering have become softer.my car have completed 49500 kms 2yrs and is under extended warranty.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the spare parts store manager told me that they are continuously replacing the faulty power steering racks and keeping 3-5 steering racks in stock.

this means that many puntos are facing steering rack failures.
  6. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    In my case, I am feeling that the Steering tends to become much lighter when I drive my GP 1.3MJD 90HP at higher speeds ( 70 or 80 kmph ). It does not feel planted as it should be. As a result , when the car goes over uneven roads, smaller potholes, etc.., I feel the vehicle slightly jumpy and the steering going out of control for a brief while. Is this very common in GP's?
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing of this sort in my LInea
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One and only one remeady is there for this problem.

To file suit at Consumer Forum and to teach lession to TATA.:punch
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    u can go to TASS, Fortune cars and give them the problem and if required they will change ur faulty steering part.Moreever Fiat cars are little jumpy and the steering have little vibrations on bad roads like bad tile roads.I have no prob with Bharati Auto in Jogeshwari and they have proposed me to change the rack/pump if defective i extended warranty as my regular warranty is over.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I don't understand what the hell is going on .
    I mean to get "APPROVAL" from FIAT to replace the defective parts.

I am also hearing this hell word " APPROVAL from FIAT" from the first service of my car.
    & now Iam fed up now.

If TATA has complete responsibility of Service of FIAT cars,then what is necessary to get approval for changing defective parts .

If FIAT has handed over responsibility of Serivice of FIAT cars to TATA. Then why FIAT is harrassing the loyal FIAT customers on the name " APPROVAL" ?

FIAT should give complete freedome to TATA to replace the warrantee parts on TATA's own risk.

In this bluddy procedure of getting "APPROVAL" , unnecessary we are being harrashed . Isn't it ?